204.3 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking tray of artifacts in there Steve. Like I mentioned to you on the phone, I'd be willing to bet if you went deeper with your plow you would bring up a lot of older types on your site. When they roll our Ft Ancient sites a little deeper then usual it almost always brings up some Early Woodland and Archaic pieces, but since the site was last occupied by the Ft Ancient Indians, like yours was by the Mandans, there artifacts will cover the first foot or so deep of soil. There was even a Clovis found years ago right in the center of the Village site mixed in with the debris from the FA Indians.

Also, since you only have one Hafted Scraper you can expect to find a few nice examples in your package I will be mailing out this week.

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
Is the cahokia/wa$hita made from exotic material? I wonder if they're the same age, but from trade or warfare???
Of course a few of them are obviously older. My favorite are those fishtail points and that one on the left by itself is a killer.

Oh yeah SRV I've read where clovis has been excavated from mississippian mounds before.
With all of that agriculture I think they were collectors too.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
which one is soill talking about?(cahokia, wa$hita ?

are the ones you guys call (fishtail) also called hell gap???

what type is the one in the middle ?

anyone out there know ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread