Got a few recently

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Here's a few pieces that I've picked up in the past couple of weeks. I believe the Hardin is made of Jefferson City Flint and was found in Fulton County, Illinois. The black dovetail is made of Moline Chert and is from Jo Davies County, Illinois. The striped dalton, made of Moline Chert was brought into work by one of my employees. His grandfather found it on their farm quite some time ago. It is from Rock Island County, Illinois and is paper thin. The white dovetail is a Missouri piece from Clem Caldwell's collection. The colorful axe is from Howard County, Missouri and the 1/2 groove keokuk axe was found by Al Shook near Lockridge in Jefferson County, Iowa.

It's been nice to be able to pick up a couple of nice pieces lately. Lots of traveling but that's half of the fun of it for me.

Hippy

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

Upvote 0

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some very nice rocks. I would loved to have picked those up----from the ground. Excellent artifacts! Thanks for the pics. Cool collection.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Very Nice.. The Hardin is to die for...... Wow. great points , as the Iowa axe... John

OP
OP
H

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Very nice finds :thumbsup: nice clear close up photos!! What was the back ground in these pics? :icon_sunny:

I just used a gray piece of felt and elevated the rocks off the felt by about 10" It doesn't leave a shadow when taking pictures.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hippy

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look like museum quality to me. How long is the hardin point?

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
I don't care much for tan Burlington, but that dove is a KILLER! I saw it in person this past weekend, and it truly is a work of art. Glad you got'em buddy!

badandy

cgoings

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all:

I thought you might be interested in some chert exposure maps I am creating for Iowa. I am doing it one county at a time and have Henry and Washington counties done. I am working on Louisa County right now. It takes awhile to publish each map because I am ground-truthing as I go. You can go to Rolling Hills Consulting Services :: Home and click on County Chert Maps to access them. If you follow RHCS on Facebook, you will be notified when the next map is up.

Hope this is helpful!

Chad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread