Kansas City KS area artifacters??

jmalone

Mar 19, 2010
Hey all!

Im new to the site! So hey whats up!

Just moved up to Kansas city Ks. Had a rough time finding spots to hunt besides the Ks river. Was just out today, and the river is down but im forced to drive to alot of random spots because I dont have a boat. But its not too bad. Was wondering if anyone else is in the area that could offer some assistance. Im not too familiar with creeks/farmland/and such in this area.

I have done alot of hunting in the Manhattan/junction city area. Rivers,feilds,creeks etc. Just trying to settle in here :P

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jmalone said:
Hey all!

Im new to the site! So hey whats up!

Just moved up to Kansas city Ks. Had a rough time finding spots to hunt besides the Ks river. Was just out today, and the river is down but im forced to drive to alot of random spots because I dont have a boat. But its not too bad. Was wondering if anyone else is in the area that could offer some assistance. Im not too familiar with creeks/farmland/and such in this area.

I have done alot of hunting in the Manhattan/junction city area. Rivers,feilds,creeks etc. Just trying to settle in here :P

First welcome to t-net jmalone. I am not familiar with your part of the country but I might be able to give a little advice to help you get started.
1. Try google earth and check out the water ways. Bends in rivers on the inside curves with a little elevation seem good. Areas that could be easily crossed as well.
2. Plowed fields along the river you can drive to (since u do not have a boat) be sure and ask permission.
3. Google your county for known Indian sites and then spread out from there,, as water was a major highway.
4. Ancient springs that start and form creeks. Back up to where a creek or stream starts and that is the purest water and likely a camp.
5.Farmers,co-ops and ole timers can be great sources for information as well
Good luck and realise it may take you a while to find your groove but if you stay on it you should be finding flakes and pieces in no time. Hunt it like you did before just use a little satelite help : )
Happy Hunting!
TnMtn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread