AL Arrowheads

THsbgilles

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2006
Anybody hunt arrowheads in North Alabama? I have hunted around the river and in fields and caves around here since I was old enough to walk. We were working at a home and they had dug some dirt up to pour a slab for a carport, and I was breaking up dirt clods looking for flint and two arrowheads fell out. Both were unbroken and red.One was alot darker than the others. I will try to get some pics on here. If anybody hunts in N AL , pm me and maybe we can get together and hunt sometime.

Upvote 0

luxefaire

Dec 21, 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Detector(s) used
Any
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey buddy I have hunted arrowheads in Alabama and that sounds like a nice find you made!

there will be others RIGHT THERE!

anywhere near water, stream -creek -lake will be artifacts in Alabama

there are BIG SANDYS over by paint rock river in the fields near it....a lot of the old water dried up but if you follow the lay of the land you can easy see where the old creeks were and most farmers say ok hunt and have a good time if you ask them to hunt their fields, do it in fall and winter--or you can just go hunt the riverbeds they are down most of the time

the older archaic points made from the pain rock agate are real special and there is some killer ground stone stuff up there too--there is even copper artifacts in some of them caves out on the bluffs by the river east of huntsville!

write [email protected] if you want more info, i am out in NM now but remember my times by the TN river real well and miss her.

b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread