Got out again thanks to the forum

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009
When I was a kid my dad and I used to hunt arrowheads alot and I still did it quite a bit during my college years. I would just as soon hunt arrowheads as breath, however moving around and many of the great spots I grew up hunting no longer being farmed I kind of fallen out of it except maybe once or twice a year while out fishing. Metal detecting seemed like it would give me a little of that spark so I hit this forum quite a bit and finally migrated to the arrowheads and it really got my blood flowing again so I went this weekend. I forgot how addictive this hobby is.

Attachments

• Arrowheads.jpg
    Arrowheads.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Welcome Back to the best hobby in the world.... Looks like you know what to look for... Good to have you... John

OP
OP
B

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks Flintfinder, I've never forgotten how to find them, just havent been much! Ive found quite a few over the years without trying. I can't walk over bare ground anywhere without looking and occationally you get lucky. My coworker and I were driving slowly along a fresh water line when I told him to stop. I ran back and plucked an arrowhead out of the fresh soil and he was amazed. I told him arrowhead hunters can spot worked flint a mile away.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it looks like you have found some good spots again. I remember when I was younger you could pluck many from a spot. Now if you find one or two decent ones it was a good hunt.
Welcome back. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009
That is so true, one arrowhead is a great day. With tobacco going away, no till corn, and government CRP programs paying people to put their land in native grasses its killed A LOT of good fields here in South Central Kentucky. Not to mention lots of hunters these days. I remember a field that over looked Green River in the Mammoth Cave region that I last hunted 15 years ago. A guy I know had hunted in front of me that morning and I still found 18 whole arrowheads. That place was amazing every time you hunted it. Farms like that can turn a novice collection into something spectacular in a few short years. I also remember getting to hunt with a buddy from college in Western Ky along the Ohio. Big mounds area, Mississippi Culture, where you found more in a day then we found back home in months. I guess its all location and perspective.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread