Super excited

SouthernGirl

Nov 6, 2008
alabama
I haven't posted anything in a while because it has been so frozen around here I couldn't get out much. Saturday was a beautiful day and went out for about an hour. I couldn't believe what I found. It is without a doubt my best find ever. Please let me know what you think it might be my husband and I don't agree so lets see what you guys and gals think.

Attachments

• My best every find 2011 005 (Medium).jpg
    My best every find 2011 005 (Medium).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,107
  • My best every find 2011 010 (Medium).jpg
    My best every find 2011 010 (Medium).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,109
Upvote 0
OP
OP
SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl

Nov 6, 2008
alabama
LOL he was jealous! Yes it was a surface find well kind of. I was walking along just where the water meets the gravel and only one spot of flint was showing about the size of a dime and when I reached down and flicked it with my finger surprise.

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
That is the BOMB..... maybe a fluted Paleoooooo. I dont know but I wish I would find its brother. Thanks for the look. JYD>>>

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
SoGirl - That's a really nice point. From the picture it appears the base is not ground. Can you confirm for us? Interesting as the form is in-line with a number of late Paleo types. What other point types have you found at this site? I keep looking at the picture and wanting to put it in Archaic (Conerly) or Woodland (Candy Creek) time frames, but it really does look like an old piece to me.

Out of curiousity what do you think it is?

Joe

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take a guess and call it a Goshen point, maybe a Clovis variant, but not proven. I think thats a north western type, not sure. I see you are from Alabama sooo never mind. I should not be allowed to make guesses.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely nice find!!! Way to go!!!!!. Southerngirl.....Twitch I believe you are right with the Conerly type. The possibility of it being a un-fluted Clovis it not out of question either.......I believe it is one or the other. Leaning towards Conerly. Awesome find..............................GTP :icon_thumleft:

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
First thoughts dark and semi sweet chocolate , a coco congratulations southerngirl better give hubby a poke with it once in a while to remind him how you found it.

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Thats sure is pretty. I like the two tone flint too. It's possible thats a Conerly, the form fits however location has a lot to do with it. Mighty nice find whatever it is. Thanks for showing. Lone Star

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread