Lets try again

1AB Hunter

Dec 23, 2010
Brownsville KY
The first picture is of an Etley I believe from Dewitt Co Illinois. The second is from Cole Co Missouri. The Third is an Adena from Russell Springs Kentucky. The fourth is from Missouri also do not know type. The fifth is from Indianna Beleive to be Red Ocre blade. The final one I would like to see if I can get info from someone about It is from Deleware County Oklahoma and has the Payne Coll written on it Does anyone know anything about this collection Odd looking point I do not believe it is authentic Purchased in a large collection thought it was interesting

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 289
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 306
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 306
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 295
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 317
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
The first piece is worrisome.

The last piece that says "Deleware Co. Oklahoma" is referring to a Tussinger eccentric. The famous "Tussinger mounds" was a hoax perpetuated by Mack Tussinger in the early 20's. He took authentic pieces of large blades and rechipped them into exotic forms and deposited them into a mound in his back yard to be "discovered".

If that piece is a real Mack Tussinger piece then it does hold value. However, there are a ton of Tussinger fakes out there on the market. Yup, reproductions of fakes....and a ton of them.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt beat me to it on the last piece. It has the look of a Tussinger piece, but most of his were much more exotic and more finely made so it probably is a reproduction of a fake.

Also, the 3rd point probably isn't an Adena Point. It's to rough and is more than likely an Archaic Stemmed Point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread