sandusky, ohio

Attachments

• heads 016.JPG
    heads 016.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

I have no idea but those are very nice finds. I like that material. Can't wait to find out what it is.

jeff a

Sep 16, 2008
ne ohio
brian, find a copy of ohio flint types by converse,it has pics of ohio point types and color plates of ohio flint

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
Just as your Thebes is, I find a lot of them that have both ears missing. Makes you wonder if this was done on purpose. Nice finds, I'd be pleased to find those anytime.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohioaxeman, this book, Prehistoric Chert Types of the Midwest, is another must have for Ohio collectors. It is pretty much the Bible on midwestern Flint and Chert types. If you get Bob Converse's book Ohio Flint Types and this one you are pretty much set for Ohio typology on Points and materials.

http://www.hothemhouse.com/book.php?bid=MTM3

By the way, I think Jeff is pretty much spot on with the ID's. The one on the far right may be a Pentagonal type as well though, just very highly exhausted. It has the same basal style and notching as one.

Nice finds!!

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
nice group of ohio relics.i disagree on the type of the piece on the left, definately not a thebes.Its a archaic bevel.pg 84 or possibly a sharpened down diagonal notch pg.90 in converses latest edition.not sure on flint type but delaware chert would be my guess also.

jeff a

Sep 16, 2008
ne ohio
creek astronaut said:
nice group of ohio relics.i disagree on the type of the piece on the left, definately not a thebes.Its a archaic bevel.pg 84 or possibly a sharpened down diagonal notch pg.90 in converses latest edition.not sure on flint type but delaware chert would be my guess also.
your spot on with the archaic bevel but they are still in the thebes cluster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread