and the seasons begun:)

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
I thought it would never come, now we have the task of extreme desert heat, camelbaks and sunburns but longer hours :icon_sunny:

It kicked of when friend came down, and we went up to a pretty high elevation to go camping, we had a blast hiking, and pretty much searched all day and found nada....
went to a word of mouth place, and a wal literally hunched over going at a snails pace, looking in dark red dirt and my friend was like 2 steps behind me , and he yelled and "chong" and grabbed me, i said $hit i knew what had happened, and when turning around i looked over my shoulder and could see it before even turning around, and to top it off it was WHITE, lol i literally walked right over it, white on red, lol it was hillariuous, im smiling as im writing this lol.
well its gonna be a good year, tons to find, but like i said this weekend kicked off the season for me, good luck to all of you, eyes to the ground, n lets tear it up this year! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
p.s. pics of insitu and my footexactly where i had walked lol

Attachments

• DSCN0426.JPG
    DSCN0426.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCN0427.JPG
    DSCN0427.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
oh, and its a sanjose/zephyr, early archaic, at high elevation, shows they sure traveled

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Chong - happens to the best of us. As always I'm impressed by your finds in the that area. Good work.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lil point Brandon.
I have a habit of looking down where ever I am walking now, nice finding dropped money.

Congrats on your find hon.

Molly..

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
send some of that EXTREME DESERT HEAT to the midwest we had 5 inches of snow and slush yesterday fields are a muddy mess and now the flooding begins near ST. LOUIS. COME ON MUSHROOM SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for shareing.

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
mad.co.walker said:
send some of that EXTREME DESERT HEAT to the midwest we had 5 inches of snow and slush yesterday fields are a muddy mess and now the flooding begins near ST. LOUIS. COME ON MUSHROOM SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for shareing.
The mighty morel :notworthy: will be out in a week or two in southern IL.

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
outlawatheart said:
mad.co.walker said:
hope you have a good hunting season. here in st.louis area was terrible last year. they were selling for around $100 a pound. !!!!!!!! ;D ;D only found about 2 pounds. the year before we found close to 80 pounds. :laughing7: :laughing7:

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
mad.co.walker said:
outlawatheart said:
mad.co.walker said:
hope you have a good hunting season. here in st.louis area was terrible last year. they were selling for around $100 a pound. !!!!!!!! ;D ;D only found about 2 pounds. the year before we found close to 80 pounds. :laughing7: :laughing7:
last year was bad here too!! 2009 was awesome!!!

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in Central Illinois.
2 years ago I found about 35 lbs.
Last year only 3 lbs.
Nice and wet this year. If it is warm the second week of April it will be another good year for shrooms.

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot:
Looking forward to seeing all the sweet heads you find this year Chong.

N

natchitoches

hey chong2
in the top picture, it looks like there a very big broken point in top left hand side.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
we dont have Morales here, but we have the little mushrooms here that have psilocybin that we sold for 15 bucks a gram when we were kids, jkjk, lol. i have seen the morales, and they are ugly as heck, i heard they are delicious, but i couldnt eat one.
thanks jonzer, thought we were gonna talk about shrroms the whole thread "also got "ink caps" here". Many finds for sure, and this year i wanna show off, get blood pumping, seems it died over the winter for alot of people
molly.............. there are artifacts all over the world, id loove to see what comes from your area!
natch, it wasnt , coulda been, but they usually dont get that size here, only in TEXAS , where everything is bigger "flint wise" ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread