2-26-11 cropped.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go back. I have never found that many brokes without finding a whole. You are due to find a nice one. Thanks for the view of your finds!!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
catherine1 said:
I would go back. I have never found that many brokes without finding a whole. You are due to find a nice one. Thanks for the view of your finds!!

Dam Plow!!! >:(.............I agree with Catherine though. I have never found that many brokes in a field and not found one whole. It will rear its beautiful pressure flaking to you sooner or later!!! Keep looking!!........................... ;DGTP

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice colors on that material. I'd go back without thinking twice. I'd look for fire rock or an ash bed and scrach the surface a little bit. One never knows whats underneath untill you look. Lone Star

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
that looks like my finds in a field here in Tn. when i went a day or [2] to late after plow and good rain. no good points. plenty of brokes and deep, deep foot prints, and a few rough tools. i though the owner was going to have a strok when he saw his land after i called him about it.. he said he would catch them if they came back i believe he did !!!!! he went home i think, i stayed and hunted that is how i know what was found, the ground was dry enough not to deep track or carry mud from field to field or farm to farm.. he said mud is good way to spread plant sicknes from farm to farm... i and a few others still hunt his land but he put up a lot more posted signs, the people who tracked up his land are pot or as i call them bounty hunters only wanting saleable points.... he has his on ways i think he cough them, no more deep footprints fore quit a few countys in that area... T.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I very rarely find undamaged points in fields. It's far more common for me to piles of brokes than even a single perfect point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions