Rock Shelter Photos Anyone

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
no see in long time, welcome back Rockiologist!! i am like the Rock i do not have but if i did i would post only photos showing the rockshelter no views around shelter or even near!!!!!! DO not say what county or road, no town city or even a wide spot in road or a creek or river that is with in a [100] miles of it, STATE is every one needs that to help id. what we find. but it will not help the people who are visiting on Tnet to try and steel locations that we may give clues to by being careless with what we say or show. do not be careless but show us some close ups!!!!!!!!!!! T.

OP
OP
R

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
I was kind of afraid the responses would very limited. I understand though if anyone thinks that it would give off there spot!

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Rock i was real sure what they would do that is why i sort of hijacked your thread the way i did to try and loosen someone up, if it did they may to go and take new photos if they follow all of my advice ihope they do follow it ..... or it may not work and we want get any rockshelters...... T

OP
OP
R

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Yeah I was just hoping you know. I have pm a couple of people back and forth about rock shelters and was just hoping someone would put some photos up. I live in fl now and the hunting here in nw fl is very limited. However I am from Arkansas and had found some over hangs and was trying to fig out if it was worth the trip for them or not.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
i just though of some rock shelters that are so dug out that i have not tryed to dig them. one of them visible from road [20] foot away,rest visible from it,, i will have to get some body to drive me.. doctor will not let me drive yet heart problem so it may take me a while .if you knew me you would understand my forgeting these shelters....T.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
tmodel said:
no see in long time, welcome back Radiologist!! i am like the Rock i do not have but if i did i would post only photos showing the rockshelter no views around shelter or even near!!!!!! DO not say what county or road, no town city or even a wide spot in road or a creek or river that is with in a [100] miles of it, STATE is every one needs that to help id. what we find. but it will not help the people who are visiting on Tnet to try and steel locations that we may give clues to by being careless with what we say or show. do not be careless but show us some close ups!!!!!!!!!!! T.

Shelters in my area are a dime a dozen and everyone knows about them, they aren't hard to find and most have been dug. The key is digging where "they" didn't. It wouldn't bother me if someone found one of the shelters as a result of something I posted because the artifacts aren't mine, they belong to everyone. I won't be able to get them all in my lifetime so why not share? I've privately invited several Tnet members to join me in shelter digs because it's hard work, I need the help and I especially enjoy the company and mutual respect for what we do.

I must admit however that I have been reluctant to post shelter digs simply because every now and then someone will question the legality of where and what I'm doing and in essence, smack me on the wrist for digging artifacts.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
now [Rock] this is more like it.. these photos look like what we have both been looking for, nice photos of rock shelters and no clue as to where they are at.. thank you very much [1320] i had forgotten these [2] posts that is the way my mind works now!! these photos are just what we ask for, even if you do not care if you give away location i do not think these photos could.. thank you! T

OP
OP
R

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
1320 I completely understand people being concerned of others. I to tried to bring this up in a post a few days ago because some of the t net posters are rec a lot of attention on search engines. I must have put it up in the wrong area because they moved it. Also I promise you this if we lived close enough my daughter would wear you out on digging! She keeps a bag packed just for that one thing! Hopefully I will be able to get her somewhere worth doing some looking this spring.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I'm scheduled for a light dig this afternoon, I'll take the camera! I'm glad that others want to see rock shelters. I can't get enough of them.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Here's a few more.....the first three photos are of the same shelter, it's huge. It's my current dig site which was partially dug in the past but has yielded over 15 artifacts this month.

Attachments

• DSCF1552.JPG
    DSCF1552.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCF1554.JPG
    DSCF1554.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCF1553.JPG
    DSCF1553.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 353

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Other shelters in close proximity...

Attachments

• DSCF1424.JPG
    DSCF1424.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF1413.JPG
    DSCF1413.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCF1411.JPG
    DSCF1411.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCF1410.JPG
    DSCF1410.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCF1409.JPG
    DSCF1409.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF1391.JPG
    DSCF1391.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCF1388.JPG
    DSCF1388.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF1386.JPG
    DSCF1386.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 312

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The sifter photographed in the shelter was left there many years ago, it weighs about 50 pounds. Some real men must have been digging here! There are two more sifters just like it and a shovel with a rotted handle behind the rocks.

All shelters are on family owned (private) land and each has evidence of prior digging. Some of the shelters are overwhelming from a digging stand point because of their sheer size. It's no wonder that numerous artifacts remain, it's simply a daunting task to dig one completely.

Rock, everyone wears me out digging! I get some good help on occaision.

Attachments

• DSCF1548.JPG
    DSCF1548.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF1549.JPG
    DSCF1549.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 303
OP
OP
R

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Wow those are huge!! I like the photot of the one that looks to have fire stains on the roof. Looks like you got some good help! I love to take the kids they remind me of how much energy I use to have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions