A Trip To The Ft Ancient Site

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the site yesterday and crawled for 4 hours and man am I paying for it today. My hands and forearms are killing me, but I found some nice pieces so it's all worth it. No pain, no gain. lol

I only found one good Point, but quite a few bases off of broken ones including what would have been a killer Serrated Triangle had it all been there. I did manage 6 Beads though. 2 small Shell Tube Beads, 2 Marginella Shell Beads , and 2 Bone Beads. I also found some worked Deer Antler, 1 Arrowpoint that was split in two, another piece that was being shaped, and a piece that has had the tine cut and snapped off. Plus the usuall array of Pottery Shards. The one Shell Tube, the second from the left, is really nice and very well made and man is it a tiny little sucker. If I hadn't been crawling I would have never seen it.

No in situs since there was a light drizzle all day and I didn't want to get the camera wet. I looked like a drenched dog by the time I got home. lol

Attachments

• DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. That little triangle is nice. Thanks for the look. keith

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy looking at what you find on that Ft. Ancient site, SRV! .
I can't believe how much pottery you find :o . I'd be crawling around, too, so I wouldn't miss anything!

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
I always enjoy looking at what you find on that Ft. Ancient site, SRV! .
I can't believe how much pottery you find :o . I'd be crawling around, too, so I wouldn't miss anything!

Thanks. As for the Pottery, I only pick up and bring home the rim pieces or handle pieces. Believe me, you could fill up a 5 gallon bucket in no time with all the Pottery Shards that are laying around this site.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul sweetheart, congrats. Looks like you worked hard for it too..

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread