Attachments

• IM000464.JPG
    IM000464.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 579
Upvote 0

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
Oh my goodness, that is some of the most beautiful gem flint I have seen and a real spoiler that it is banged up like that. It's still an incredible find the way it is. That would have been a G-10 find all the way. What is the size on that one?

OP
OP
T

TK25

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2010
its right at 4 inches. Im pretty sure its flintridge. the bangs have me a little stumped, I dont think it was done by a plow. Im know expert either.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
you say[4] inch+or - and made of flint ridge so that would make it a mighty pretty four inch, pink, yellow and white flint ridge blade, that Dr. J.T. Patterson would call a Base corner-tang knife.. Terry

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmodel said:
you say[4] inch+or - and made of flint ridge so that would make it a mighty pretty four inch, pink, yellow and white flint ridge blade, that Dr. J.T. Patterson would call a Base corner-tang knife.. Terry

Sorry, that's not a Base Tang. It's a Dovetail with part of the base missing. Like LostLake said, if that piece was whole you could name your price. An authenticate Gem quality Flint Ridge Dovetail is a very rare find. That is a definite candidate for Dr Gomer to work his magic on.

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
At 4" it would be very unusual that it didn't receive any damage from the field equipment. Actually your lucky to have found it pretty much intact. I have found small bird points that have small nicks from the equipment. Still, it's a fantastic find.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
i stand corrected, thank you SRV!! went by first impressons instead of looking close and filling in the missing pieces as i usually do. thank you again, the color of that point is my excuse to pretty!! Terry

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Wowzers! What an amazing find! You are sure lucky! It is probably worth some serious cash! !
chuck

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Re: TK25's Dovetail Insitu

Could we see some cleaned up pics?

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread