a perfect little point

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
found this little beauty on our pond bank. It has a nice serrated edge on it with no damage. Thanks for the warm welcome from all. I am located in the beautiful state of Kentucky in the western region close to the land between the lakes. I started metal detecting and relic hunting a couple of years ago. I was introduced to this site by my friend bocephus99 when he posted the banded slate bar weight for me that I found. Here are a couple more pictures of the the arrowhead I found on my pond bank. We had the pond cleaned out with a dozer and after the work was done, I took a stroll around it and this is what I found. I am adding a couple more pics. thanks for looking and I hope to be posting alot more finds here.

Attachments

• DSC00028[1].jpg
    DSC00028[1].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC00029[1].jpg
    DSC00029[1].jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 529
  • DSC00033.jpg
    DSC00033.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC00029[1].jpg
    DSC00029[1].jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC00028[1].jpg
    DSC00028[1].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 525
  • DSC00033.jpg
    DSC00033.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
hello and welcome Tnet Huntress104!! from Tmodel in the central highland rim of Tn.. first off we need location on you and where point was found! vague as my location was is plenty good enought or just state will do, thank you! i do not know any thing about you so i am trying to talk as if you knew very little or are very very young. is that beauty beveled? we need a photo of point as if the pointed end was going to stick into lens of camera! you did good showing both sides of point and good clean photos thank you!! Terry

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing where you found it, I would say it looks like a Kirk.
Welcome to Tnet.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Huntress!! if you get to post the photo of the point of the point that i ask for, please post one more of eather side with a US. coin in the photo too! to show true size of point Terry

F

Felinepeachy

My gosh that little point is perfect! I love the color too. Welcome to Tnet and we all look forward to seeing your finds! Happy Hunting :hello2:

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
tmodel said:
hello and welcome Tnet Huntress104!! from Tmodel in the central highland rim of Tn.. first off we need location on you and where point was found! vague as my location was is plenty good enought or just state will do, thank you! i do not know any thing about you so i am trying to talk as if you knew very little or are very very young. is that beauty beveled? we need a photo of point as if the pointed end was going to stick into lens of camera! you did good showing both sides of point and good clean photos thank you!! Terry

Thanks Terry,
I have included another photo of the point like you asked. I have also updated my original post to include the info you asked for. Hope to be posting more soon.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
usuale if you do not understand me or want more infomation post your [? s] somebody maybe me will try to help you understand or answer your [?] my estmate of the size of it are 1& 1/4 inch long by 1 inch wide across the barbs. that puts it in the bird point or true arrowhead class. the rest, the larger ones are usually classed as dart or lance points and knifes these dart and lance points are named. bird points are usually called by the name of the lance or dart point they most look like.. just as Artorius!! called your point a kirt like point.. Terry

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
allen said:
Welcome to the greatest site ever !
Congrats on that beautiful point.
Can you repost a pic of the banded slate bar weight?

thanks for the welcome. Here is the pic of the bar weight you asked for. I was told by the National Museum of American Indian Artifacts that the banded slate comes from Ohio. can only imagine how it got in my neck of the woods. I wet the bar so the bands would show up better. it is really a beautiful stone.

Attachments

• banded slate bar weight 1.jpg
    banded slate bar weight 1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 327
  • banded slate bar weight 2.jpg
    banded slate bar weight 2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
allen said:
That is one absolutley beautiful relic!!
Thank you for posting the pic of it ! :thumbsup:
Did you see the banner stone in my avatar?
yes I did notice that. It's a beauty. Where did you find it?

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"yes I did notice that. It's a beauty. Where did you find it?"

Just on the outside of my father in laws
tobacco field which he had just finished plowing.
How it never got hit in 25 years of plowing
is one of lifes mysteries. :coffee2:

1AB Hunter

Dec 23, 2010
Brownsville KY
Great looking point Huntress I lived in Hopkinsville for about 8 years and was all over Western KY around Cadiz is especially a good hunting area and over toward Murray and Grand Rivers. Looking forward to see more post from that area. Good luck hunting I also had a lot of luck when the lake was down but I didnt say that!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread