me and a buddy had a great day in the cree.... need some help on indentifying ..

dustintimmons_83

Oct 25, 2007
west central illinois

Attachments

• arrowheads.JPG
    arrowheads.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 500
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Those are great finds! :hello2: The pic looks good. :thumbsup:

No problems getting on the AIA board here

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
"A great day in the creek" is what gets me through the work week :hello2: sorry, no other idea about what they are, except nice!ditto-no trouble with AIA.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Re: me and a buddy had a great day in the cree.... need some help on indentifyin

Nice finds, not real sure about typology in your area so I won't even guess. I am having issues lately with this board, long load times and lag on a high speed connection?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point on the far left looks like a Dickson, which is a Hopewell type and not Adena. The other two aren't Fishspears, but I'm not exactly sure what they are. The middle one has a base that resembles a Hardin but I don't think it is one. The far right one is some type of Archaic Side Notch.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Dustin - Here's my two cents: Dickson (Hopewell), Florence, Archaic side notch. I haven't been able to find any references to Florence in any of my books but for some reason I'm thinking that's what you have. Sorry I can't give you any useful supporting information. Maybe someone out there who is better at locating information can give 'Florence' a shot and see what they come up with. Great finds regardless.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
tnet has been pretty slow lately. Sometimes it won't even load. I was thinking the far right one was a fishspear, but was waiting for SRV to chime in! Now that he says its not a fishspear, then i agree with him. :laughing7: Whats the material on it? Could it be Pipe Creek?

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
whatever they are they are super nice pieces. I never get tired of looking at the beautiful finds that are posted on here.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
I agree huntress. I spend many evenings on here just looking through old posts from years back. Its just like reading a book, but better! With lots of pics too! :thumbsup:

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
ohioaxeman said:
I agree huntress. I spend many evenings on here just looking through old posts from years back. Its just like reading a book, but better! With lots of pics too! :thumbsup:

I know what you mean ohioaxeman. I have learned so much from the members on here about indian artifacts. I never knew there were so many different kinds of arrowheads and what nots. People on here are an absolute treasure trove of information.

OP
OP
dustintimmons_83

dustintimmons_83

Oct 25, 2007
west central illinois
@ohioaxeman I'm not to good with material types.... so I couldnt tell ya... but you guys are all right ... I love looking at all the post on here too.. I also love showing my finds to see what they are.... It makes my day when I have a new post.lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread