Creek hunting, rounds 4 and 5

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I got out 2 weekends ago for round 4 of creek hunting. I hunted the same stretch basically I had done before, but extended the hunt in 2 directions. Basically I found nothing at all for the ~1 mile up and back hunt except for a single piece I found, an odd knife. I've found a total of 4 pieces on this strech, 2 of them within 6 feet of each other, 3 of them within 30 yards. Attached is a picture of the piece. I found it in the middle of the water. I assume it's an Archaic knife, Wadlow or Etley related but those are only guesses. The numbers in the pictures (if they made it in) show where I found the 3 pieces.

I went for round 5 this weekend in Missouri for my first ever hunt in that state. I whiffed on finding points but hunted with a good guy (from this site) and learned a good bit about what areas could be good.

I'm heading to Ohio this weekend to hunt with an old friend and expect we should do pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG00045-20110515-1005.jpg
    IMG00045-20110515-1005.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Very Nice!!! I don't know how you guys do it, creek walk I mean. I tried today for a bit and it seems nearly impossible to find that needle in a haystack. Good job! :notworthy:

Flint-seeker

Oct 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Felinepeachy said:
Very Nice!!! I don't know how you guys do it, creek walk I mean. I tried today for a bit and it seems nearly impossible to find that needle in a haystack. Good job! :notworthy:

Feline, it's funny you mention that because I am the exact opposite. Nowadays, it's very hard for me to find farmers that will let me walk their land, but there's always a lazy creek I can walk around here. In fact, that's where I've found about 30 - 40% of my artifacts. I love walking creeks...

I can't wait for the drought season to start here in Ohio in mid-summer so I can float down a river until I hit a nice looking sandbar!!!

"Ohio" (Chuck) on this site thinks I'm nuts, as well, but I like the water and I think there's lots of treasures still to be found out there...

Shane

F

Felinepeachy

Oh I am positive there are plenty of treasures to be found in a creek, I just can't seem to spot any. There are so many rocks everything just blends.
wacko.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread