Last Two Hunts

F

Felinepeachy

Awesome Ryan. I don't know how you see those things in all those rocks. Nice finds for sure! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Felinepeachy said:
Awesome Ryan. I don't know how you see those things in all those rocks. Nice finds for sure! :notworthy:

Thanks, I can give you a helpful hint for picking out artifacts in rocks, gravel beds, creeks, etc. Instead of concentrating on and looking for arrowhead shaped rocks look for exotic material or material that looks like it doesn't belong there. Sounds simple but it's really effective for isolating possible artifacts. You can also cover alot of ground hunting like this.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
naturegirl said:
I would NEVER leave that creek..... ever....... :D

It's a nice spot, little history on the place. I found most of the artifacts on the bank between two small feeder springs that flow out of caves in the hillside. An old indian trail parallels this creek for most of its length. There are natural salt licks nearby that brought in the game in ancient days, the creek is full of chert cobbles too. Paleo - Mississippian occupation.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking spot. That second point sure has a lot of character with its knapping style,, great hunt looks like sifter time. :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
Great looking spot. That second point sure has a lot of character with its knapping style,, great hunt looks like sifter time. :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns

Thanks man, I would really like to get in there with a sifter or become friends with some of the farmers who live along this creek, I'm sure their fields are full of the good stuff.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Th3rty7 said:
TnMountains said:
HH
TnMtns

Thanks man, I would really like to get in there with a sifter or become friends with some of the farmers who live along this creek, I'm sure their fields are full of the good stuff.

That second point is one hell of a nice Fox Creek......Early Archaic piece there. Ryan is that Argillite or Rhyolite??..........Those are some nice find bro......that Fox Creek is a beauty!!! I always find them broke......................GTP

Hutch in PA

Nov 18, 2010
Western PA
Yo 37...watch out for the snakes! I tried to pass some time along a few creeks last week waiting for some rain. I don't have an abnormal fear of snakes, but after numerous 'surprise' encounters, I decided to pack it in. Copperheads are thick this year over here in PA. You encounter many across the border?

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Get-the-point said:
Th3rty7 said:
TnMountains said:
HH
TnMtns

That second point is one hell of a nice Fox Creek......Early Archaic piece there. Ryan is that Argillite or Rhyolite??..........Those are some nice find bro......that Fox Creek is a beauty!!! I always find them broke......................GTP

Thanks man, I was thinking Fox Creek or Stanly narrow stem on that piece. I believe the material is heavily patinated indurated shale. My best guesses on that. Appreciate the comments.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Hutch in PA said:
Yo 37...watch out for the snakes! I tried to pass some time along a few creeks last week waiting for some rain. I don't have an abnormal fear of snakes, but after numerous 'surprise' encounters, I decided to pack it in. Copperheads are thick this year over here in PA. You encounter many across the border?

I've seen alot of black snakes this year and a couple small ringneck snakes around the house. There are copperheads and timber rattlers around here but haven't seen any this year. I saw a large rattle snake about this time last year. I'm always keeping an eye out for them.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
First let me say Killllerrrrr pics!!& great finds!i always like findn lances even if they are a lil rough.The piece after the triangle imo is a paleo transitional point.thx for sharing the view!!

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
creek astronaut said:
First let me say Killllerrrrr pics!!& great finds!i always like findn lances even if they are a lil rough.The piece after the triangle imo is a paleo transitional point.thx for sharing the view!!

Thanks for weighing in with your opinion, I'm not sure about that one, does have some early flaking though I agree.

Appreciate the comments Musky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread