37.6 KB · Views: 279
  • indian bead 4.jpg
    indian bead 4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
I do not mean to burst anyone's bubble but, since you asked it is NOT a bead and NOT wooden but, a mineral formation that is formed much like a geode. This is not to say that it was never picked up and used as a bead but, that would be tough to prove unless it was gouged out or worn from suspension.

Chuck

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
ohio said:
I do not mean to burst anyone's bubble but, since you asked it is NOT a bead and NOT wooden but, a mineral formation that is formed much like a geode. This is not to say that it was never picked up and used as a bead but, that would be tough to prove unless it was gouged out or worn from suspension.

Chuck

Thanks for the reply Chuck. I don't know much about these things. The reason I called it wooden was because the rings that you can see in the end of it looks like growth rings in trees. How the hole got there is a mystery to me though. How would that be formed in the center?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a fossilized plant of some kind and the hole through the center is natural and formed by the center core of the plant eroding away. I doubt it was a Bead though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions