180 KB · Views: 319
  • black beauty heartbreakers.jpg
    black beauty heartbreakers.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Got to give you another SEMPER FI from Michigan. Wife and I also hunt arrowheads in New mexico in the winter months. Not good at IDing points but those are good finds. actually I think all finds are good, lol

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
www.projectilepoints.net should help. The first two look to be from new Mexico area correct? Their are several types that style that range from 400 to 600 years old. I'm not familiar with the area but just looked quickly on the internet.

Last edited:

newtothegame

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one next to the white one looks like caracara 400-600 years ago

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The title is "Colorado and New Mexico finds".:tongue3: I am not familiar with that area maybe Bosnmate,Larson or Kuger will see them. Nice looking stuff though as always from that area.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The title is "Colorado and New Mexico finds".:tongue3: I am not familiar with that area maybe Bosnmate,Larson or Kuger will see them. Nice looking stuff though as always from that area.

Just saying..the last two look Colorado fitst two new Mexico ... Mabey just last one Colorado actually.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any thoughts on what types these are and age of them.

The white point in the first three photos is either a Oxbow or Stilwell. The obsidian point in the fourth photo is most likely a Pelican Lake, and the other early archaic point resembles a Kirk Serrated. Hope this helps.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What the heck am I ''CHOPPED LIVER''?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck am I ''CHOPPED LIVER''?
I am terrible at given em names.I have never subscribed to a whole generation only making one type,shape.I personally when knapping will form it into what it wants to be,and I think they did that to.Its my theory/opinion and may not be a popular one,but have found to many styles that werent supposed to be where they were and laying right a long side of others that were supposed to be thousands of years older/newer

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am terrible at given em names.I have never subscribed to a whole generation only making one type,shape.I personally when knapping will form it into what it wants to be,and I think they did that to.Its my theory/opinion and may not be a popular one,but have found to many styles that werent supposed to be where they were and laying right a long side of others that were supposed to be thousands of years older/newer

If you're finding them Laying next to each other.. They are no longer in the level of soil...or "matrix" that they started out in.. and are isolated from what was ground level at the time of their making. So several point types from totally different time periods can very easily be lying there together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions