couple recent heartbreakers

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
i think i found me a new creek to explore. my son was playing in a baseball tourney this past weekend, we had a couple hours between games so i took a little drive, i was about an hour from my normal hunting grounds but i knew the area had potential and i sure love hunting a new creek. didnt have my map with me so i just took a drive to the outside of town along the river. found me a nice little side road jumped in the creek and within 30 minutes i got lucky.(top 2 pics). the broken ashtabula was found on my favorite spot along the OH river.(last pic)

Attachments

• IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Couple of framers even with the breaks imo. I like that first toothy guy, the user got alot of milage out of that piece for sure. Finding new creeks that produce is as good as finding artifacts imo, always nice to have a backup spot. Hey man if one your sons tournaments takes you into Va. again and you trying to get a hunt on be in touch, I'll put you on a spot or two. Western Va. or southeast WV.

OP
OP
musky44

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
i may take u up on that, im pretty sure we are going to play that lynchburg tourney again next year. i appreciate the offer man. yeah man, i cant wait to get a day to hit that creek again i only had about an hour to hunt the other day. i would have been happy with any evidence at all. i was tickled to find that one broke or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions