CREEK FIND NEED ID COMMENTS WELCOME

KY-PAKRAT

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
Hello All

I had a chance to get out for a couple of hours yesterday and I came across this piece. I picked it up before I realized what it was so the insitu isnt as I first saw it, but it is where it was laying after I picked it up and washed it off. I am attaching several pictures of this piece and am hoping some of the resident experts might be able to tell me what they think it might be. I see what I think might be a flute at the base and on one side it has been worked and ground a bit, but I turn it over and there dosent seem to be any sign of being worked. I am kind of stumped, Please if anyone could shed some light on this piece I would love to hear what youall might think.

Thanks In Advance...............Ky-Packrat

Attachments

• cl-1.jpg
    cl-1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 503
  • cl-2.jpg
    cl-2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 493
  • cl-3.jpg
    cl-3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 502
  • cl-5.jpg
    cl-5.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 508
  • cl-6.jpg
    cl-6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 504
  • cl-4.jpg
    cl-4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 468
  • cl-8.jpg
    cl-8.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 495
  • cl-7.jpg
    cl-7.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Definitely Worked Front, Back and Both sides.

Were Did you find it?

Looks Cloves with borken Tang.

OP
OP
KY-PAKRAT

KY-PAKRAT

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
I live in western KY and there is a creek about a mile from my house I have found a bunch of points in and this one came out of a gravel bar that has produced many points. When I first saw it I didnt think it was anything thats why i picked it up before snaping a picture. Clovis would be awsome but Iam not sure. Thanks for the feedback.................Ky-packrat

WV sifter

Aug 24, 2011
Im thinkin a little too thick to be a clovis,unless its possibly a clovis preform. If I where to guess id say its a roughed up woodland peroid blade/preform of some sort..although ive been known to be wrong so....

OP
OP
KY-PAKRAT

KY-PAKRAT

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the reply, I saw the flute at the base or what appears to be a flute and thought paleo but it is what it is. The gravel bar that I found this in has produced adenas, copenas, a perfect motley, a toss up between a lost lake or notched dove tail, & a possible turkey tail. Its like the gravel bar that keeps on giving and my favorite place to go plus its so close to home. I cant wait until the cold weather comes and kills the vegitation that has grown over it this summer then a couple of good late fall of early winter flooding rain storms more treasures will be uncovered. Thanks for the response, do you think there would be any value to that piece or is it just the run of the mill field or creek point.

Thanks...............Ky-Packrat

PS I will post pics of some of the other points that have came from this bar............

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 357
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 335
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 341
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 346
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 352
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 348
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 344
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 340
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 349
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 333
  • pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 335
  • pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 327

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
Not only are your finds WONDERFUL ---but you have amazing eyesight !!!!! Keep us posted on this creek.

WV sifter

Aug 24, 2011
Man that place has blessed you with some FINE artifacts I can see,looks like ya got a killer G-9,possibly a 10 motley,a killer copena blade,love the snap base point/blade,that adena is quality 4sure,and that archaic deep corner notch is most definitley a lost lake point and a nice one at that! :notworthy: (the left hand bevel "types" it)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread