Yazoo County., MS relics

Bama Ron

Jan 7, 2009
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these within the past year just outside of Yazoo City, MS. Typical rock for this area of MS. You need to go a little further north towards the TN / AL border to get to the pretty stuff.

The square scrapper to the right of the silver dollar is the first square scrapper I've seen and one of my favorites. Another cool stone is the scrapper / knife directly under the dollar. You can see the transformation of a stone to a tool because they left a portion of the stone unworked. Fits your hand perfectly. Probably a Mississippian site, pottery shards everywhere. I don't pick it up unless it has a pattern on it.
Bama Ron

Attachments

• Arrowhead Yazoo Cty. Oct.2011 006.jpg
    Arrowhead Yazoo Cty. Oct.2011 006.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,013
Upvote 0

WV sifter

Aug 24, 2011
NICE arti's looks like you have a couple buck creek points along with a pickwick or 2,a very nice adena and some early woodland stemmed variety's ,keep at it man,good size to those points,compared to my area that is,the average legnth I find is usually 1&1/2 to 2 inches in length. Although I do have some larger ones as well.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Artifacts! It is amazing how many finds are still out there. Nice pictures.

OP
OP
Bama Ron

Bama Ron

Jan 7, 2009
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of people know about this site. The land owner lets everyone on it. The place really gets hammered but is still producing.

OP
OP
Bama Ron

Bama Ron

Jan 7, 2009
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a frame of broken points from the same area. All of this was found walking plowed fields after a rain within a 4 acre area over 5 or 6 hunts. The large jar of pottery shards, scrappers and flint above my bookcase came from the same field. I stopped picking up pottery after the second trip unless it's a large piece or has a pattern on it.

Attachments

• arrowheads - broken from yazoo Oct.2011 001.jpg
    arrowheads - broken from yazoo Oct.2011 001.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • arrowheads - broken from yazoo Oct.2011 002.jpg
    arrowheads - broken from yazoo Oct.2011 002.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,321

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread