Help in identification

PB-Eins

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

can anyone help in identification with this Item. It should have been found in Kerrvill area in Texas. I don't think that it is a Kerrville Knife. Length 2 1/2 ". It have a different patina at the sides, so I think it is possible that it was reworked. It has a Retouche at the flake. First Idea was paleo scraper, but I saw other similar Items from woodland period at the Internet. Can anyone tell me what this Item is? Thank you very much.

PB-Eins

Attachments

• kvtx.jpg
    kvtx.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,010
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, it's hard to say anything like this is Paleo unless it is found in context with other Paleo Points or Tools. It looks to be a utilized Flake Tool, but saying what culture for sure is hard to do without other artifacts from the same site to get a good idea of age.

OP
OP
P

PB-Eins

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for answer. I know that it is not possible to give a real and correct statement about age and culture. Caus I'm sure, that ecvery period has it own specials. So I hoped that this Item has it too. What do youthink about the slightly different patination and style of work on both sides of the edge? Broken, reworked? Someone has told me because of the finding place this would be a kerrville knife, but i could never believe it they looks very different. So I think tis a timeless artifact. Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread