Trip to the OHS

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was really impressed with thier new archaeology display,only thing that kind of bugged me was seeing the Low tablet displayed, they have alot of new artifacts displayed that ive never seen.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

24.jpg

Upvote 0

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your photos, I enjoyed seeing them. That Tremper mound in Scioto County must have been quite the site. From what I understand, at least 100 effigy pipes came from the mound city mounds in Chillicothe and are now on display in a museum in England. Would be nice to see those returned to the states. Made me nervous to see how those tall pipes were mounted, something would surely break if one of those tipped over.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like they finally put a lot more pieces. The last time I was there hardly any of what you pictured was out on display. I guess I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Columbus.

Thanks for the pictures.

OP
OP
pickaway

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Grim Reaper said:
It does look like they finally put a lot more pieces. The last time I was there hardly any of what you pictured was out on display. I guess I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Columbus.

Thanks for the pictures.

Yea they have alot of artifatcs I didnt take pictures of including some nice Shawnee relics, and now there is no charge for parking.

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone know what the museum's hours are? May be traveling in the near future and would definitely like to visit. I stopped at a small museum in Moundsville , not sure if it was Ohio or WV but the artifacts were amazing, my jaw dropped when I first walked in....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions