Pestle find.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a spot I hadn't been since last august. Looked where I left off digging and this was waiting for me. I was probably inches from it when I stopped digging and rain washed it out.

IMAG0002.JPG IMAG0008.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats really nice.....

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome find. Roller pestles in that length and condition are extremely rare to find. In over 25yrs of collecting I have found all broken pestles. I did however find one that was well worked and only 5inches in height. So rare to find at that length that I have to vote Banner!!!!! Awesome find SOHIO!!!!!....................GTP(Chris)

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks a bunch for the banner vote guys. I agree it's hard these days to find anything with any length to it, but not impossible. There are still some good stuff out there. I found some other stuff after I found the pestle. It was hard for me to dig after I found the pestle. I just wanted to grab it up and go home and show everyone, but I stuck the digger in about 1000 times before I left. I'll have to take some more pictures later today. I seem to have gotten spring arrowhead fever now (as usual) so I'm going back right now, almost noon and I have my work caught up enough to sneak out for a while.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving this the bump it deserves. Post this in "todays finds" to show it off to everyone who does not see this part of the site!!! This is a banner find SOHIO. Could you post better pictures of it cleaned up pole end to blunt end. Ad a tape measure for size. Man I'm still in awe from Trevor's beautiful Gorget find and Axe purchase to your find. Just outstanding!!!! This is going to be a incredible year for finds..........................GTP(Chris)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't believe it when I logged on and noticed I had made the banner with my pestle. That made my day. Thanks a lot for putting it up there. Thanks for the bump GTP and thanks for checking it out. I'm proud to have found it and proud to see it on the banner. I'll put up some better pictures of it in the morn.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well deserved it was a great find. Congrats on making the banner!!!!........................................GTP(Chris)

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hot dawg! I'd freak out!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SUPER find! Congratulations on the find and making the BANNER! Way to go, Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions