Monday Morning Hunt

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I went to a field that I had found some nice points in earlier in the spring. It is planted in peanuts. It was the last time I will be able to hunt it until after the peanuts are harvested in the fall.

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

These have some plow damage.

DSC00164.jpg

Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I'm not a midget!

hey I'm not judging you either way. I recently moved to Richmond VA and have historically viewed the mid atlantic states as being largely void of good lithics. I had basically grouped Georgia into that assumption as well but you've changed my mind completely. You find a lot of large pieces and out of good material. Obviously you're logging the hours.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Americus. Hopefully, we'll get some rain this weekend. Maybe it will wash up some more points for you.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I hope one day you will post "The Best Of Americus" send me a message when you do so I can come look. I never like the term Midget. Maybe vertically challenged.. hahaha.. Cyaaa

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
When they bottom plow fields is when you have a chance to really find some nice big whole points. They do this sometimes for peanuts but always for truck crops like watermelons, peppers, green beans, and cucumbers. The biggest point I have found that is whole is 51/4 inches. I found it in a watermelon field before it even had any rain on it. I LOVE TRUCK CROP FIELDS!!!!!

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Well your fields are very consistent on giving you big points. You have some good places. I'd like to see some pics of your fields if you have any your not worried will show location and such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread