6-14-12 Creek Hunt

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went back to the creek that I found the nice Cobbs in late May and hunted the upper section. I only found four pieces of flint, but found quite a few artifacts--kind of weird. I don't hunt this section often, but have decided to keep an eye on it. There were two bars that had quite a bit of natural hematite, but as I was looking through it, I noticed some worked pieces. One small little hafted celt, two smoothed pieces and one that has been chipped into a scraper. I found a very weird beveled knife--reminds me of how Edgefields are made down south, but looks a little like a Cobbs. Nice and translucent. Found a Calf Creek resharpened enough to lose it's ears and two other points. Shame on the longer piece being busted. Waiting for rain to get the creeks up again....

May your next hunt be your best hunt EVER!!!

Steve

IMG_1289-1.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296-1.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Nice to see something kinda close to Okla. What are you calling the grey one, second in first picture,? and thanks for showing the hemitite! still don't know if I would recognise worked stuff or not, but all the big pieces come home with me! Calf-Creek anything is fun, huh?

naturegirl

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
real nice cobb knife and good pictures

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah like that Cobb Knife. Glad to see you posting. Good eye on the incised stone.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice creekin finds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread