Double grooved stone axe info?

heartattack

Jun 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some surfing trying to find out what the value of a double groove stone axe head is. I found this thing approx. 12 years ago in south central Mississippi. Through the years its been packed away and then a few years ago I decided to put it on a book shelf in my office. I have had a sales rep. that saw this thing and keeps asking what I would take for it. I haven't seen any shaped as detailed as this one on the internet.Any info is appreciated. I have one gentleman that keeps asking for me to allow it to be displayed in his museum. He says the stone is not native to Mississippi and it shows how artifacts were traded up and down the Mississippi Riverand tributaries.

stone axe.JPG stone axe2.JPG

Upvote 0

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
That axe does have a funny shape to it..as to its worth im not so sure could be a lesser amount because of its poor shape and poorly made or that could be something that makes it more valuable than a more perfect example, not to mention if your acquaintance is right about it being an imported material could make it more valuable. But I'm no expert on anything like that someone else here can probably give you better information. id keep it in the office though has more value as something cool to display.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread