GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best finds that I have and it started off as just another day at the creek. Yesterday, I went with my wife and daughter along with my sister and her husband to cool off from this 100+ degree heat we are having here in Southwest Georgia. Shortly after we got in the water, which was less than knee deep, my sister pointed out two flint tools she spotted laying on the creek bed. These finds told me that there was likely points in the area so I started looking as well. I began running my fingers through the sand and finding pottery shards. After I worked that area with little luck, I decided to move down stream and try another spot. I had to pull some limbs out of the way to get a new area cleaned. Thats when this pipe came up. I did not find any points but thats o.k. with this taking thier place! This will likely be the center piece in my collection for quite some time. Any thoughts or comments are welcomed!! I've also posted this find on "Todays Finds as well.

Attachments

• Clay pipe.jpg
    Clay pipe.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 653
  • Indian Pipe - Lee C. 001.jpg
    Indian Pipe - Lee C. 001.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 618
  • Indian Pipe - Lee C. 004.jpg
    Indian Pipe - Lee C. 004.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Indian Pipe - Lee C. 005.jpg
    Indian Pipe - Lee C. 005.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,583
Upvote 2
OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must have gotten deeper than what I saw? Tw0 tears in a bucket....GA you are one of the lucky, well... Probably one. No joke.

I got your PM and I agree that there will always be someone out there who isn't happy with what someone else found :icon_thumright:.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure some new people would enjoy seeing a once in a Lifetime find

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best finds that I have and it started off as just another day at the creek. Yesterday, I went with my wife and daughter along with my sister and her husband to cool off from this 100+ degree heat we are having here in Southwest Georgia. Shortly after we got in the water, which was less than knee deep, my sister pointed out two flint tools she spotted laying on the creek bed. These finds told me that there was likely points in the area so I started looking as well. I began running my fingers through the sand and finding pottery shards. After I worked that area with little luck, I decided to move down stream and try another spot. I had to pull some limbs out of the way to get a new area cleaned. Thats when this pipe came up. I did not find any points but thats o.k. with this taking thier place! This will likely be the center piece in my collection for quite some time. Any thoughts or comments are welcomed!! I've also posted this find on "Todays Finds as well.

Glad I just saw this, thats truly AMAZING 1,000 Times BANNER .

Ill bet you have been looking for the Tail for almost 8 years , (if you have not already found it ) , to find the tail would be a True Blessing form the Lord .
I Pray you find it someday , if you don't it's still an "Indiana Jones" type find.

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did find the tail but, I most certainly looked for it. It appears that it wasn't fresh break so there's no telling where it was lost or ended up. I still have the pipe and it's been popular at a show or two here in Southwest Georgia. I guess it goes without saying but, it's the best Native American artifact that I have ever found.

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fantastic find in a creek or anywhere Congrats!

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
What an absolutely amazing piece. Congratulations still this many years later. It makes me proud that a fellow Georgian found this. I only hope to find a lone worked point these days haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread