Need help on spear heads

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends dad picked these from a plowed field when he was a kid and has had them for 45 years sitting in a old cigar box
All i can tell you is there from central wisconsin and thats where my knowledge stops...are they old ? are they super old?..i dont know maybe 1 of you smart guys can help alittle ...hes not trying to sell them but is prolly curious if they are worth anything and if there all from the same time period...any help would be great thanks

securedownload.jpg

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The largest one on the top is a Knife and may be very old. Run your fingers along the edge and see it is smoother along the base, which would be the section to the left in the picture. If it is smoother on the basal edge than it is on the blade then that means it has been ground and could be a Paleo or very early Archaic Knife and be 11,000 to 12,000 years old. If it's not ground smooth then it's probably a Sedalia and not quite as old but still a very nice piece.

The two on the left in the middle look to be made of quartz and the top one is a Stemmed Point and the bottom is a Side Notch Point and probably both Archaic.

The two on the right in the middle are a Tablerock on top, the white one, and small Knife on the bottom.

The one on the very bottom looks to be a Graham Cave to me.

You can probably find more info on them on this link.

LITHICS-Net - My Projectile Point Collection Alphabetically Listed

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx reaper i was wondering about the 2 odd points that werent from the normal rock ... i kinda figured they could be pretty old ...wish he still had that farm the field he used to pick them from was planted with pine tree's about 30 years ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread