• 07-14-2012.jpg
    07-14-2012.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 3,611
Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
MIlehigh - Welcome to the site! It's hard to tell from the photo. Are those basalt pieces? I'm leaning towards they're not artifacts but would need a better picture to provide a better guess. Also, did you find them in context with other, more clear artifacts?

Thanks.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they're just rocks, milehigh. But more interestingly, what prompted you to start diggin at the base of that tree? Hope you guys get a break from the heat over on the front range. If not, come see us here in the mountains, as we're runnin about 30 degrees cooler.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but they are just rocks..................

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see any evidence of those ever being altered by man..........right reaper ??

OP
OP
M

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Oak Tree must be a couple hundred years old............next to a river, looked like a good place to camp.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
after looking at your pcs again it is possible that the pc you believe to be hatchetish...could be a scraper at best and thats reaching...if your going to post more pictures of this pc focus getting a good close up of these areas ive defined and we can tell you if you have a side scraper or not.
07-14-2012oo.jpg

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
actually i don't need another view you have a scraper there i didn't notice the flaking ridge in middle of pc that pc was struck off a parent pc and used as scraper it does look like basalt id also like to know if any more clear artifacts chipped flint etc were found nearby.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
this pc was probably used by monkeys because they didn't know about flint........just my own personal opinion

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking, milehigh. I didn't really think you had oak trees over there but I ain't too familiar with that part of the state. By all means get the detector out and check that spot.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
rginn....sounds like a good place to live in summertime (freezco) , these muggy humid summers here in the o valley are starting to kill an old smoker like me. I'll bet the air feels fresher up high. I ve gotten to where i don't or can't do anything in the heat of the day anymore, and cling to my ac. Makes me feel incompetent.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't wanna get carried away here like we have before but how can you not see possibilities with this and dismiss it before you get a different look at it, its clearly beveled to the right. how do you know that crescent on left doesnt show polish?
07-14-201299.jpg

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
everyone is probably right about it being nothing but i hate to see someone dismiss things that do have possibilities without getting better visuals not to mention we still don't know and its not clear if this pc has been found in or on site with other artifacts.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Oak Tree must be a couple hundred years old............next to a river, looked like a good place to camp.

Hard to tell from the pictures. Does it looked like it has had material removed from it or does it look natural. It is always good to bring it home like you did for further inspection. I have thrown away by mistake many many artifacts.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the oak tree idea is interesting. say the oak tree was 200 years old. that would put us in the year 1812. at which time the oak tree was not much bigger than the a corn it sprouted from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread