This is carved into top of a stone normally under water any ideas ?

budsmith19

Sep 5, 2012
Southwest mississippi
image-3859414605.jpg

image-711717645.jpg

Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
unclemac said:
to me it looks like it was carved by two different hands at two separate times.

Good grief Unc, you have studied it to the point of being a hand writing analysis . This site is almost as addictive as hunting artifacts. I've caught my self waking up at night, and checking this site out.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nah....just look at it the capital letter "A" and the backwards "E" , they are deep and worn....the skinny "H" and the "LTH" , less deep and seems less worn too.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
unclemac said:
nah....just look at it the capital letter "A" and the backwards "E" , they are deep and worn....the skinny "H" and the "LTH" , less deep and seems less worn too.

True. Good observation! I was just kidding with you any way, but you Are right. They said this piece is normally under water. I would go look for busted boat props near by. 5 or 6 busted props has bound to spell something. My guess would be oh sh you fill in the missing letters. Good eye Unc!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking Viking but wasnt sure if they went through that area. They did make moring stones as markers. Moring stones are rocks with a triangular hole in them and usually large rocks. It is still a mystery as to how they managed to make a hole like that through solid stone. This is an interesting thread. Have you put this in the what page?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rock said:
I was thinking Viking but wasnt sure if they went through that area. They did make moring stones as markers. Moring stones are rocks with a triangular hole in them and usually large rocks. It is still a mystery as to how they managed to make a hole like that through solid stone. This is an interesting thread. Have you put this in the what page?

I reread this and Viking is mentioned briefly at start of thread. I did not read into much depth on Vikings but I think they were around 1400's . What I was reading was an article proving that Columbus was not first in America. I thought that was a well known fact? I did have a liberal history teacher. He was cool. He used the state collage text book and another called " lies my teacher told me" . He used that book to tear the state recommended book to shreds !

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any update on this one yet?

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Could be a patent claim if its in a mining area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread