Help ID East Texas Arrowheads

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I have found all of these in Angelina County, Texas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CATFISH

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I especially like the blue and red one.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the one with the purple polka dots. I bet they would be even more impressive if the post came with pictures. Coming from Angelina county they were either made of petrified wood and made by the Caddo, or they were bartered goods.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a couple or three made of petrified wood (the only native stone around there with a concoidal fracture), the rest are bartered goods. There was a thriving trade with the Karonkawa(?) in central Texas for chert and flint. I had a friend who used to hunt in the San Rayburn area and used to find ones made of materials not found for 3 or 4 hundred miles from the area. Real unusual ones, petrified coral, quartz, and obsidian. One gorgeous spearpoint made from Llanite (I suspect that was made by a hobbyist though, because Llanite wasn't discovered till they cut through a hill to put in Texas HWY 77 in the fifties.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. I would like for you to post them in the the Artifact forum that we have here if you dont mind. Maybe take your pics outside in natural light and use the marco setting so they wont come out blurry. There somebody should know what you have. Thanks, rock

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to AIA, hopefully they'll be IDed for ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions