Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Same for most of the fields here in NC. There are a good amount still plowed deep for tobacco, but not many and if you don't have permission it doesn't matter.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but it seems this year there are alot more plowed fields.

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in NC soy beans and cotton are everywhere now use to be nothing but tobacco

Johnathan Griswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dlos said:
Same for most of the fields here in NC. There are a good amount still plowed deep for tobacco, but not many and if you don't have permission it doesn't matter.

What part of NC are you at?

Johnathan Griswold

N

natchitoches

here in east Texas use to be a major farm area . now no one farms or till..
you would have to look all days long to find a plowed field

gwhitson

Feb 16, 2007
nw ar--se ks
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
good ole gov pays to keep land idol then complains of shortage,lost alot of my fields because the were put into the landbank systems.lawyers and doctors bought land because they got paid to leave the farm land idol

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Same here in the corn state however there are old boy old school farmers who are set in there ways with tousands of dollars in late model implements and will use them untill they cant farm anymore .No till rows do not kickup much for artifacts rains and erosion is as good as it gets without a shovel it seems ,all in the name of progress I will admit the rivers and streams water clarity has changed over the years but still stressed with chemicals today.

masonh

Jun 24, 2010
same here in central and eastern Virginia, ironically the State agency primarily responsible for implementing no till happens to be my employer

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I have a good many fields in southwest Georgia that are planted in cucumbers, green beans, and watermelons. They bottom plow these fields. Boy, do I like bottom plowed fields!!!! We have a lot more in cotton, corn, peanuts, soybeans, etc. that they plow but we do have some that are no-tilled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread