Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a couple things I've found

Hi all. I've been a 'lurker' for years. Technally inept, I struggle with the photo thing, and will now, for the first time ever (yes ever...) show you all some of my stuff. As an into, I've been collecting (found only, none purchaced) sinse '06, and have had remarkable luck as my skills spotting objects gets better. My avatar is Mags, my scary Halloween cat. I 'm sorry for any photo transfer issues. Not skilled yet. Here goes... IMG008.JPG

IMG003.JPG
IMG007.JPG
IMG006.JPG
IMG017.JPG
IMG016.JPG
Okay, that's all for now. That's a 7 1/4" 3/4 hasped axe there- found at twilight and covered with algae. Below that is a (celt?) pre-form-- or in-the-making. At least I think it is... The points- there are more, but my favorite of that bunch is the opaque quartzite triangle. An incredible and nearly flawless piece with only tiny flea bites on the basal corners. The one above it- hard to see- is the closest I've come to a paleo piece- I think. Better photo- and close up later. I have more pics, but will have to find and sort through them first. So happy to finally be a contributing member of this awesome site!

Upvote 0

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
That's is an awesome bunch if artifacts. Something to be proud of. That sure looks to be a paleo piece and I would love to see close up pix of it. That last thing look to be natural although I'm no expert. Why state do you hail from? Welcome to our site.

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Eastern Shore Maryland. (makes a difference- east or western shore...) Ya know, I thought so too- about those last 2 pics, but the way the back side was pecked away in the same 'outline' as the front side, well...okay...I just kept it anyway. I do have geofacts of rocks 'emerging' from clay-turned-sedimentary rock. But those don't show any marks of pecking- from the broken-away bit revealing the rock that had settled into the clay before it because hard as rock. Dunno. Very open to any suggestions. And I'll try to find those close-ups. My digital died- and am making do with old pics from my wonderful 35mm. And last but not least- thank you. This is a wonderful forum. Best I've seen.
Yak

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Those are real nice artifacts. Thanks for sharing. What part of the country are you from?

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GaReb and Am! I'm from Maryland... land of errosion.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
I'm from Maryland too and you must a site all to yourself with points and material like that. Ninety percent of my collection is quartz with a little rhyolite and jasper. Great pieces man

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is some collection i like it

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those red ones are super! I love red artifacts but they are very hard to come by where I hunt at. Real nice collection you have.

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all! I love the red ones too. And..believe it or not, the places I hunt are worked by a lot of people-- I see footprints all the time- BUT, with every tide comes new hope. That piece I keep thinking is people/clovis would have vaniushed with the next wave had I not seen it just then. There's one spot- a perfect location for a long-term community- where I find pieces of many eras. And as the tides wash the land away, a lot of stuff is freed from land for the first time- so it isn't all 'softened' by errosion. It's a trip. I have even found a major part of the pieces of a large jar or bowl- all revealed by tidal errosion. Amazing. Thank you for your kind compliments! Tenacity is the name of the game. Skunked for weeks and still forging ahead!
Yak

Phlint6

Greenie
May 2, 2014
Indianapolis
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds brother--I, too, am a huge fan of red/pink artifacts. I've found a great deal of red flakes and debitage, but have yet to find my first red artifact. Keep it up!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection. Thanks for showing. The point you believe to be paleo sure looks paleo to me.

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow- my first thread w/ pics, pulled up from the dark past! Thank you for the re-applied attention. If you check my other threads, I have up-dated pics of my growing collection- taken w/ my trusty old-school flip phone (still slow on the tech uptake). Hopefully I'll get over this current slump I'm in. My new neighbor finds a smacking beautiful bifurcate on a sand bar after the last big rain. I can hit that sandbar w/ a rock from my back lawn. Seriously. (head exploding emocon) Think I'll hit that bar (sand bar!) Yakker

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yak I have walked creeks and not find a thing, then a rain comes and someone will load up. It is just being in the right spot at the right time. Great collection

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread