rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is my new hunting grounds. I actually remembered to take my camera this time. The sun was bright so some of the pics arent the best. I took a pic of the creek and the land that I have permission to hunt on. I did find some artifacts today but that will be on another thread. I have to wash them as of yet. I did some instu today my first time. On the last pic is where I went today cause they were hunters down by the creek. Thanks, rock

Attachments

• 100_2196.JPG
    100_2196.JPG
    647.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2201.JPG
    100_2201.JPG
    452.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_2197.JPG
    100_2197.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2198.JPG
    100_2198.JPG
    497.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_2199.JPG
    100_2199.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that field is near the creek and I assume that it is, there should be some good artifacts waiting for you to find in there. Perhaps, think of getting in the creek with a mask during the summer and hunt the bottom? JMO Good luck.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Pretty land. How is the landscape there? Flat lands, rolling hills, mountains? That is a crucial part of hunting. Flood lines can be hard to determine.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty land. How is the landscape there? Flat lands, rolling hills, mountains? That is a crucial part of hunting. Flood lines can be hard to determine.

Everything except the mountains there. Just the foot hills in that area but mostly rolling and some level. I think I found a good spot. Looks to be Woodland Period so far. They made some of the nicest artifacts as in color IMO. I hope to score some good artifacts that arent broken some time soon.
@ Rebel, That creek from what I have seen it kinda deep and for now cause the water is cold I am thinking about checking in the summer. There is a lot of limestone on the banks and the rocks are large in some spots. The banks are steep to the water. I will probably have to tie a rope to a tree to be able to get in and out. It also looks very snaky which I am not too crazy about. I dont mind water snakes just as long as they arent BLACK. The black ones are mean.:unhappysmiley:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything except the mountains there. Just the foot hills in that area but mostly rolling and some level. I think I found a good spot. Looks to be Woodland Period so far. They made some of the nicest artifacts as in color IMO. I hope to score some good artifacts that arent broken some time soon.
@ Rebel, That creek from what I have seen it kinda deep and for now cause the water is cold I am thinking about checking in the summer. There is a lot of limestone on the banks and the rocks are large in some spots. The banks are steep to the water. I will probably have to tie a rope to a tree to be able to get in and out. It also looks very snaky which I am not too crazy about. I dont mind water snakes just as long as they arent BLACK. The black ones are mean.:unhappysmiley:

I ain't too fond of snakes either! If you get in the water this summer, fan down to the limestone. I use a probe to see how far down that is and look close as a I get past the loose moving, current driven sediment. Most that I find down here in SW Georgia are all close to the bottom and are in a mix of larger sized sand and clay mixture that is compressed usually just above the limestone. It may very well be different where you are hunting. What part of Georgia (County) are you in?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
When you guys say put a mask on, are you talking about goggles? In my area, the creeks are so shallow and murky, even goggles would be worthless. Around here, if I ran up on someone snorkeling for artifacts, I would swear they had ran away from the nut house.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you guys say put a mask on, are you talking about goggles? In my area, the creeks are so shallow and murky, even goggles would be worthless. Around here, if I ran up on someone snorkeling for artifacts, I would swear they had ran away from the nut house.

I use a mask like you would have at the beach along with a snorkel. The water here too can be very muddy at times. I wait until there has been little to no rain and swim along the bottom and can see the artifacts. Rain washes sediment into the creek which makes it not worth my time. With no rain, only the springs feed the creek making it clear. I like the water clear!;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread