Summer Finds

Huskerhunter

Aug 5, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I moved to the country in June, and I'm pretty sure there was a camp on my land. The blade in the middle top row was found in a creek that runs through the pasture in 2011. The rest was all found around a knoll in our hay field. There is lots of chips and flakes laying around. I hate
no-till fields...

image-877038804.jpg

image-268625583.jpg

image-3765432436.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I see them. That first one the blade is very nice, I like those flake blades.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. Good stuff there. There are no fields at all where I am. You will get it figured out.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
I moved to the country in June, and I'm pretty sure there was a camp on my land. The blade in the middle top row was found in a creek that runs through the pasture in 2011. The rest was all found around a knoll in our hay field. There is lots of chips and flakes laying around. I hate
no-till fields...

Very nice artifacts Huskerhunter ...I like seeing some Nebr. finds.

11KBP

Last edited:
OP
OP
Huskerhunter

Huskerhunter

Aug 5, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I just have to be patient and wait for the heavy spring rains. My favorite piece is the pre-form. The bands look like a rainbow in sunlight. The bird stone is pretty neat too.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
I just have to be patient and wait for the heavy spring rains. My favorite piece is the pre-form. The bands look like a rainbow in sunlight. The bird stone is pretty neat too.

I would focus a little more on the creek you mentioned.

The lithic materials appear to have an eastern Nebr. look.

OP
OP
Huskerhunter

Huskerhunter

Aug 5, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Right you are, 11KBP. It's my families farm and I have walked that creek for years and that is all I have found. The field I just started looking at this summer. Way more stuff there. And I might be wrong, but I think that blade is older than the rest of the finds. Mostly Woodlands in the field, and that blade? Not so sure...

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, If its legal dig that knoll...

OP
OP
Huskerhunter

Huskerhunter

Aug 5, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
It's legal to dig, but it's a pretty large area and Gramps might not be to happy if I dig up his hay. Good suggestion though.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you are finding Woodland in the field where did you find that blade at? Ok I see. But the 2 look like the same material? The first 2?

Last edited:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Second row, middle piece, what is that? It certainly is odd. Are you sure it is an artifact? I'm not implying that it isn't, just curious about it. Thanks for sharing!!

OP
OP
Huskerhunter

Huskerhunter

Aug 5, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Rock, I think they are the same material. I found the blade on the far left in the field and the knife blade next to it in the creek. The creek runs within a quarter mile of the knoll. And N.C., I'm not100% sure. It looks like a birds head and I found it among all the other stuff. As to it's purpose, or wether there even is one, you got me.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Huskerhunter said:
Rock, I think they are the same material. I found the blade on the far left in the field and the knife blade next to it in the creek. The creek runs within a quarter mile of the knoll. And N.C., I'm not100% sure. It looks like a birds head and I found it among all the other stuff. As to it's purpose, or wether there even is one, you got me.

Bird head is the first thing that came to my mind. Don't run with that though. If you look through my posts' you'll see I'm notorious for using imagination. Nice finds!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET! You have some nice finds there, and it sounds like there is a lot of potential in that area. Some of that material looks similar to this area. I see some jasper material there also. Happy Hunting!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering cause I have permission to hunt a field and have been twice so far. Looks like its going to be Woodland so far by the point I have found. But there is a creek on the property and I havent really gone down by it but for a quick view. It is wooded and the leaves are falling now by the water. I hope to go this weekend if it isnt raining. I actually got permission today to hunt another property and it also has a lake on that property. 2 new places, I have another one I can go to but have never even found a flake there. And its on a river, go figure.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rock said:
I was wondering cause I have permission to hunt a field and have been twice so far. Looks like its going to be Woodland so far by the point I have found. But there is a creek on the property and I havent really gone down by it but for a quick view. It is wooded and the leaves are falling now by the water. I hope to go this weekend if it isnt raining. I actually got permission today to hunt another property and it also has a lake on that property. 2 new places, I have another one I can go to but have never even found a flake there. And its on a river, go figure.

Wow! You are really getting some nice sounding spots. Pesky leaves. Try higher ground and work down, that is where my best luck is. I know the lay of the land is different there though. Good luck and congrats on new grounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread