anybody have any info about spruce pine NC?

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rivernomad44 said:
hey im goin on a trip to spruce pine nc with my brother so he can fly fish and decided to tag along for a change of scenery and possibly come across something not from my neck of the woods, does anybody live near there of have some knowledge they would be kind enough to share about the area thanks friends

I have been through there. Not far off TN. Boarder. All I can tell you is take some hiking boots. Rocky Land. Good luck!!

OP
OP
R

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks man Id love to come home with something from nc I love the state ive never been to this part though

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rivernomad44 said:
thanks man Id love to come home with something from nc I love the state ive never been to this part though

It should be good for artifacts. The creeks in that part of NC are like the rivers here. Steep land. If I recall correct, you will see lots of native American names on street signs and water ways. Pretty land.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you are in NC cause if your in TN they will bust you quick for looking for stone.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rock said:
Make sure you are in NC cause if your in TN they will bust you quick for looking for stone.

I know several people in TN. And their rules seem rather lax to me. As far as I know, common sense and respect will keep you safe. Rock, I may have told you this, but GArebel and I were talking about your states laws, and you may want to send him a PM. He has a detailed up to date law list for your area. I do think that GA. Is harder on hunters than NC, but, I also think someone or some reading you have done has you a bit more paranoid than you should be. I'm just trying to help you out and GArebel is a great guy. PM him for the law list. I think you will be happy with what he has for you. You are my friend and I don't want you to feel like a villain, when in all actuality I think you are pretty safe. It can't hurt to read what he has offered!! Had any luck lately?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know several people in TN. And their rules seem rather lax to me. As far as I know, common sense and respect will keep you safe. Rock, I may have told you this, but GArebel and I were talking about your states laws, and you may want to send him a PM. He has a detailed up to date law list for your area. I do think that GA. Is harder on hunters than NC, but, I also think someone or some reading you have done has you a bit more paranoid than you should be. I'm just trying to help you out and GArebel is a great guy. PM him for the law list. I think you will be happy with what he has for you. You are my friend and I don't want you to feel like a villain, when in all actuality I think you are pretty safe. It can't hurt to read what he has offered!! Had any luck lately?
As far as I know I have read all the laws. I am hunting on private property and only picking up surface finds. And I am going Sat back to the field, I already got permission to hunt there this weekend. I will PM him to be sure though thanks for the tip.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rock said:
As far as I know I have read all the laws. I am hunting on private property and only picking up surface finds. And I am going Sat back to the field, I already got permission to hunt there this weekend. I will PM him to be sure though thanks for the tip.

I figured it couldn't hurt, ever if it is the same info that you have read in the past.

OP
OP
R

rivernomad44

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well just and update i went, put in the work, and NC let me leave empty handed, pretty disappointing but it was in all a good trip it was a beautiful area

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rivernomad44 said:
well just and update i went, put in the work, and NC let me leave empty handed, pretty disappointing but it was in all a good trip it was a beautiful area

Sorry to hear that brother! Hope you still had a great time in our fair state

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
rivernomad44 said:

No way!! You didn't hold your mouth right. Lol! I'm sorry to hear that. The land was rocky and steep wasn't it? I have only passed through that part of the state. Never hunted it, but figured it would be tough. Better luck next time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread