face or rock really a picture posting test.

N

natchitoches

hi everone
well i spent the last day and a half trying my best to find a way to post my own pictures.
well i think i got it worked out. its very slow because of my dial up(can get about 6 pictures a hour done lol)
any way here my try.
i found this years ago.
some people see a face other say it just a rock or p. wood
i do think that it is p. wood. but i also see a carve face.

MVC-040S.jpg
[/IMG]
MVC-042S.jpg
[/IMG]
MVC-041S.jpg
[/IMG]
MVC-036S.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
i see an owl :dontknow: :laughing7: ...looks kinda like petrified wood cant tell from here
jh.jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are now interring the zooaformic zone. Probably spelled that wrong. But there is people that collect rocks that look like creatures and people.

OP
OP
N

natchitoches

the hole in it, its the eye, hair on top'
and carved teeth

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dino is what I thought when I first saw it. But the scratches do look newer than the rock.

OP
OP
N

natchitoches

i alway saw a dino. or a dog

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have geofacts that look like animals. Not a big thing though. They arent flaked. I did see one time a guy found a piece of flint that was flaked and it looked like a black bear. That was truly a strange looking piece.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one I found last week. I picked it up cause it was so smooth and it was dirty so I wasnt sure if it was anything. I do believe if it was cracked open it would be black chert. They were probably going to make a scraper out of it and never got to it. The cortex on it is the same color as some of the debris I find that has the black on it. Looks like a head of sorts

Attachments

• 100_2471.JPG
    100_2471.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 229

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat post,natch.
i see things mother nature made all the time,and i think people have been bringing out what is already there for thousands of years.they see the image in the rock,wood.fossil whatever and work it to make it stand out better.maybe headhunting can bring out a little artistic ablilitys in us all

OP
OP
N

natchitoches

it dose have carved marks but i guess it can't be seen to good
maybe it is just a rock.
it is a item i found many many years ago.when i was new to arrowheads
and i have been hanging onto it about 35 years. mite have just talk myself into that it was something when it really was not.
i just don't know.its about the only thing i have . that i never found out what it was.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I'm not sure Natch. I see what you see, but can't offer any info. On it. I think these effigies are more abundant than most want to realize, for I have some too. Just that most will not acknowledge effigies unless they are perfect. Here is an abrader I found years ago. I see a crescent moon with half a face. Some see it, other do not.

image-1299139670.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they saw stuff in natural rocks also. Especially late at night and by fire light.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure Natch. I see what you see, but can't offer any info. On it. I think these effigies are more abundant than most want to realize, for I have some too. Just that most will not acknowledge effigies unless they are perfect. Here is an abrader I found years ago. I see a crescent moon with half a face. Some see it, other do not.

View attachment 711391

When I first saw it I thought it was a Manatee lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread