Strange Rock

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've saved a lot of photo's in my computer, and backed them up on CD's and thumb drives. The problem is there are so many of them, and they are in so many different places, and when I started saving photos there weren't many and recovery was easy. Now there are hundreds saved on media that doesn't allow much of a title, so when looking for a specific photo it can be a daunting task, especially to an old fhardt that isn't particularly techy. I was looking for a different photo when I found these, and they relate to a previous post of mine telling about my favorite bowl which I'd found on our property in Atascadero, CA. I have more photos, and in relation to the Salinain Indian camp on the property there is a picture of a large rock that was obviously work other than nature. It was too big for me to take with me when we sold and moved, but the last time I was by the place that rock was gone. Enough talking, more photos.
Atascadero5.jpg Atascadero9.jpg Atascadero 8A.jpg Atascadero7A.jpg Atascadero6A.jpg AtascaderoA.jpg Atascadero 8B.jpg The first photo is of the bowl I found, the second shows the rocks, and the bedrock mortars were around to the right in this picture, the next photo shows the layout of the property, half was in front, then the rocks and the rest of the property extended down to the creek. The rocks took up over an acre and were probably 40 to 50 feet above the level of the land. The fourth picture is of the strange rock. This rock certainly didn't just happen, but what it was made for is beyond me, but it took a lot of work with primitive tools, and the guy must have been a real artist. The fifth picture is just an enlargement of the carving, the next is some of the points I found on the place, and finally the location of where the objects were. I can't remember the number of the bedrock mortars, but there were over 2 dozen, and there might have been as many as 50.

Attachments

• Atascadero9A.jpg
    Atascadero9A.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dolphin?? What is that??? I like the bowl. I can send you 3 venison hind quarters for trade:tongue3:

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Dolphin?? What is that??? I like the bowl. I can send you 3 venison hind quarters for trade:tongue3:

Venison won't cut it, I need ponies, it would be like selling my daughter, horses, you have to come up with horses. Trouble is, the trade would fall through, because I can't afford to feed the number of ponies it would take.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........sounds like me,I lost a great many of the pics I did take,and recently had a computer crash but had a bunch of pictures backed up,so now looking for one turns into a treasure hunt!!

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hi BosnMate ,.Man!! ,. been enjoying all your post here the past month or so ,. they seem to be more of a "full concept" type of post ,.makes for a nice read .:thumbsup:
Anyway ,. not so often were treated to post/ artifacts from the west cost ,..hmmm ? ..west of the Rockies for that matter ??
And as for that "strange rock" ,...It's very apparent that this is the beak & cheek of Woody Woodpecker ,..YES ,..a fragment off a 50 ft statue of Woody Woodpecker !! So ,. "strange rock's" arn't so odd ,.. long as you don't apply any common sence in there explanation ,.:tongue3:

Thanks again ,. keep 'em coming !! Joel

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Venison won't cut it, I need ponies, it would be like selling my daughter, horses, you have to come up with horses. Trouble is, the trade would fall through, because I can't afford to feed the number of ponies it would take.

Careful I can probably do an Arabian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread