Strange Rock
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By BosnMate
  • 1 Post By NC field hunter
  • 1 Post By BosnMate
  • 1 Post By kuger

Thread: Strange Rock

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    8407 times

Strange Rock

I've saved a lot of photo's in my computer, and backed them up on CD's and thumb drives. The problem is there are so many of them, and they are in so many different places, and when I started saving photos there weren't many and recovery was easy. Now there are hundreds saved on media that doesn't allow much of a title, so when looking for a specific photo it can be a daunting task, especially to an old fhardt that isn't particularly techy. I was looking for a different photo when I found these, and they relate to a previous post of mine telling about my favorite bowl which I'd found on our property in Atascadero, CA. I have more photos, and in relation to the Salinain Indian camp on the property there is a picture of a large rock that was obviously work other than nature. It was too big for me to take with me when we sold and moved, but the last time I was by the place that rock was gone. Enough talking, more photos.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero5.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	717569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero9.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	987.5 KB 
ID:	717571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero 8A.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	717574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero7A.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	717575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero6A.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	717576Name:  AtascaderoA.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  27.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero 8B.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	717578The first photo is of the bowl I found, the second shows the rocks, and the bedrock mortars were around to the right in this picture, the next photo shows the layout of the property, half was in front, then the rocks and the rest of the property extended down to the creek. The rocks took up over an acre and were probably 40 to 50 feet above the level of the land. The fourth picture is of the strange rock. This rock certainly didn't just happen, but what it was made for is beyond me, but it took a lot of work with primitive tools, and the guy must have been a real artist. The fifth picture is just an enlargement of the carving, the next is some of the points I found on the place, and finally the location of where the objects were. I can't remember the number of the bedrock mortars, but there were over 2 dozen, and there might have been as many as 50.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atascadero9A.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	717573  
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8484 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Dolphin?? What is that I like the bowl. I can send you 3 venison hind quarters for trade

Jul 2012
    1599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains
    Dolphin?? What is that I like the bowl. I can send you 3 venison hind quarters for trade
    Not even a tender loin? Come on! Lol
    SOHIO likes this.
    Their were so many fewer questions when stars were still just the holes to heaven

us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    8407 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    Venison won't cut it, I need ponies, it would be like selling my daughter, horses, you have to come up with horses. Trouble is, the trade would fall through, because I can't afford to feed the number of ponies it would take.
    kuger likes this.
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2764 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    ........sounds like me,I lost a great many of the pics I did take,and recently had a computer crash but had a bunch of pictures backed up,so now looking for one turns into a treasure hunt!!
    Tnmountains likes this.
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Sep 2007
    So. Cali
    Well,.Sometimes ?
    113 times
    Hi BosnMate ,.Man!! ,. been enjoying all your post here the past month or so ,. they seem to be more of a "full concept" type of post ,.makes for a nice read .
    Anyway ,. not so often were treated to post/ artifacts from the west cost ,..hmmm ? ..west of the Rockies for that matter ??
    And as for that "strange rock" ,...It's very apparent that this is the beak & cheek of Woody Woodpecker ,..YES ,..a fragment off a 50 ft statue of Woody Woodpecker !! So ,. "strange rock's" arn't so odd ,.. long as you don't apply any common sence in there explanation ,.

Thanks again ,. keep 'em coming !! Joel
    Last edited by blindpig; Dec 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8484 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by BosnMate View Post
    Venison won't cut it, I need ponies, it would be like selling my daughter, horses, you have to come up with horses. Trouble is, the trade would fall through, because I can't afford to feed the number of ponies it would take.

Careful I can probably do an Arabian.

Sponsored Links