watcha gonna do with all that junk all that junk inside that trunk............

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I was going through some stuff from a site I'm working and my 9 year old asked me what im gonna do with all my stuff when i die . I actually don't know what to do with all my stuff I have 6 kids to leave it all with but I don't want to see them seperate stuff and sell stuff.....Maybe I'll just be buried with it all...

Upvote 0

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Thinking along a similar line..... Well, I've started to winnow out my collection(s). Throw away, give away, grade A,B and C. Only keep Grade A and B. then I'm gonna reduce that by fifty percent if I can!
As for what's gonna happen after I'm gone..... put in writing certain items go to certain people. the majority will go to my younger brother and ultimately his children, two girls who have no current interest in artifax. At least when they sell 'em they won't be selling any fakes and I won't care LOL.

I have over a hundred small shell hammers, two and three holers, two different species, that need to go. Don't need more than a few dozen, LOL!
A close friend of mine was dying and told me, " Here take these because when I die, my brother is gonna throw out these rocks" (tools) I think we all have boxes of rocks that we would not want thrown out!

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
We have one son and he asked me around Christmas time what i was going to do with all the thing we have collected. My answer to him was "thats your problem". I only asked that he pass it on to his kids and not sell any of it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine passed not long ago. Monster collection. His wife is trying to sell it through others. Truth be known he was the only one that could have sold it. To much stuff but he could not stop.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually thought about taking a giant cashe of artifacts one day and burying it somewhere on sacred ground of the Tribe they belong to. Someone someday will find it..... Mabey.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say sell it! Just kidding, I have some personal items found by me that I will never sell. Try buying some it isnt personal at all then.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say sell it! Just kidding, I have some personal items found by me that I will never sell. Try buying some it isnt personal at all then.

Exactly... that's why I don't. Its like those pieces have died to me.. I don't. Know.. probably just me but I feel zero need for that.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
GatorBoy said:
I've actually thought about taking a giant cashe of artifacts one day and burying it somewhere on sacred ground of the Tribe they belong to. Someone someday will find it..... Mabey.

I suppose that is about as near the right thing to do as possible. Would that necessarily put the artifacts back into context? It wouldn't would it? I'm not sure. It sounds cool and respectful, but it could create a dubious find for future archeologist.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's part of it... I could make an impact on someone after I'm gone. Like one last hand shake.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like buying things that I cant find in my area. I would probably sell everything because I dont know anyone that would want my rocks. Most are field grade anyway.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself... like SOHIO.. Keep a clean collection From a local tribe That the sum of Adds up to more than the individual parts. In my opinion that is to be highly respected... and treated accordingly.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Steve Valentine is the only person that I can think of that has a name that will be recognizable to buyers, after the reaper comes to collect him. (any one catch a pun) unless a collector is reputable, as Steve is, many people are scared to buy from a deceased persons collection. If I were to pass away, the tag saying "from the Rusty W. collection" on my artifacts would be a joke. Although my stuff is just as real as Steve's , his name will creat high prices.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sohio is sitting back and laughing. Just in case you didnt know. Party is over

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Different strokes for different folks"

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
he's gonna sit back and make us wonder i guess...

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
SOHIO said:
he's gonna sit back and make us wonder i guess...

I think he was expecting you to come back on my name recognition post. I put your pal Steve V. On a pedestal for a second. I took him down though, so don't stress.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
.... 5555.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread