Another ,.Clear Quarz Point

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay All ,.. made it out again ,.. that's two times in a week,.:thumbsup:
Hit the same spot ,. figured it wasn't done give'n up a few . well,. the first hr. or so was a bit slow for me , a few brokes ,. my buddy had found a nice one . Was crawl'n the main clear'n ,.right up to the brush line , and found this beauty [first pic here] . Hard to believe it was missed last week , it was about 12 ft. from where a metate was found last week ,. and it was 13 ft. 9 in. from front right tire this time ,.. So,. need Ol' Larson to call it ,. Truck Artifact Magnet [T.A.M.] find or not ,.found about an hour after gett'n there and that far from the truck ??,. I'd say not ??
I then found this nicer [then last week's] clear point . poor insitu ,. due to rain and I just wasn't sure about it ?? These two point's made for a good day!!
Also like to add ,.. where that clear point was found last week ,. a small wash in the road ,. was DONE ripped up by a quad ,.. that point would have been long gone today ,.. but , maybe after another good rain ,.. there will be another ,.. hope it's a whole one still ,.. and clear..:laughing7:
Thanks for having a look ,.. Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC07639rs640x480.jpg
    DSC07639rs640x480.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC07648rs640x480.jpg
    DSC07648rs640x480.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC07649cr945x945.jpg
    DSC07649cr945x945.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another tiny one! I dont think I could of seen it being clear like that. Nice save.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...that must take some patients. I don't know if I've found any artifact that small without a screen. I'm trying to picture how small the arrow shaft must have been to be balanced properly. Almost seems those could be tips to blow darts.

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay Rock 'n Gatorboy ,..now that has a bit of rhythm to it !!
These arn't tiny one's , for out here anyway , 3/4 in. is the norm !! Infact this one would be considered "big" ,. at near a full inche in langth !!
Now Rock ,. I know you like the "in hand shot" ,. but the best I can do is this "on finger shot" for ya .
Birdpointgriswold ,. I do like that avatar of your's ,.look's like the big bro of the point's out this way ,. same lithic's and all !!
Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC07646rs640x480.jpg
    DSC07646rs640x480.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 91

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told those small ones were usually worn?I seen 72 tiny points come from one 10'x10' area,found by an archeologist....same one that told me about them being worn?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh.. interesting. The physics of that make more sense.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
kuger said:
I was told those small ones were usually worn?I seen 72 tiny points come from one 10'x10' area,found by an archeologist....same one that told me about them being worn?

Worn, as in jewelry? Could have had 72 of them on a necklace and bracelet. Still seems like a lot of them. Lol

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worn, as in jewelry? Could have had 72 of them on a necklace and bracelet. Still seems like a lot of them. Lol
Yea,thats what I envisioned?We seen 15 one time in a very small area

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay Kuger ,. Supose this archy could be right about this cash of 72 point's ?? Maybe some sort of local totomic thing??
I believe the point's I'm finding down here . from many area's are just true arrowhead's , used with a 15lb-20lb bow ?
on average 3/4 in. is the norm , . have many about 1/2 ,. but in this pic is my "tinyest" [+/-?] 3/8 in. yeah,.wtf ??
the two "narrow" one's in the bottom row center , are drill's ,. so there size is "understandable" .
Here's a little fact ,. about the use of quartz crystals,. this is just as far as I know local to a few bands of mission native Americans ,local lore shall we say? ,.. The believe is that , an arrow point made from a crystal would give the arrow "lighting' power's ,. faster and truer . Anyway ,. they liked to use them ,. must have been a few smashed fingers try'n to get a point out of these small "crystal core stones" think about it !!
The pic: left T&B a few points , center drill's & tinyest point , Right t&b point's ,from last week ,. hmmm ? one on top looksd a bit "drillish" ?
Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC07675rs640x480.jpg
    DSC07675rs640x480.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blind,you are absolutly right,and I dont see yours having the shoulders or a good means of attaching as adornment?I do know from several accounts in early journals,and one excavated Chief,that they would burn/bury people of great importance with a quiver of quartz pointed arrows.I have seen very few come from these parts and as you knows Quartz is very prevelant here!!!!I venture to say what you are finding are ceremonial,crystals were very,"Big Medicine"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread