Typical hunt?!

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came home Friday with my Arse hurting form getting it chewed out by a farmer for having been on his land by mistake. The land I was supposed to be on (& I thought I was!) was 50 yds away (& had permission to be on) but he couldnt be nice about it! It was only a mistake & besides IT WASN'T POSTED & NO FENCES!!!! He vaguely threatened me by saying their are farmers who would shoot you for trespassing! :censored:!

Sorry, just had to vent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably should edit that.. $$..don't really make the word go away.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear your pain. I have permission on a field and the ranch hand tried to run me off. Grrrr. Honest mistakes are made. I lose fields cause people see me hunting with permission and they just stop and hunt so the farmer says no to everyone. Good seeing you go back and get some out of the right field and post em up:thumbsup:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to me once about 20 years ago, only we got shot at. We had permission to hunt some fields owned by a doctor. We got to the end of one field and there was just a ditch line, which we hunted and found things in, and we stepped into the next field. Within 10 minutes or so we had each found several Points and Tools and that's when we heard the first show and saw the dirt kick up about 15 feet in front of us. Then another rang out that hit behind us so we hit the ground. The guy came out on a Jeep with his two sons and I actually thought the SOB was going to shoot us. The vein in his fore head and he was sweating like a madman. I thought for sure we would both be shot. He cussed us like dogs and followed us all the way back to the car. We should have reported him but we just let it go and never went back.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that is why I dont just walk any field around here. There is fields every where but unless I have permission I dont dare walk on them. I truly believe there wouldnt be a warning but a real shot here. They dont play.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
DemonCatSpaceStar said:
Came home Friday with my Arse hurting form getting it chewed out by a farmer for having been on his land by mistake. The land I was supposed to be on (& I thought I was!) was 50 yds away (& had permission to be on) but he couldnt be nice about it! It was only a mistake & besides IT WASN'T POSTED & NO FENCES!!!! He vaguely threatened me by saying their are farmers who would shoot you for trespassing! :censored:!

Sorry, just had to vent!

Luckily I haven't had that happen to me, yet. I'm bad about finding a field that I like, and just walking it, if I can't find out who I need to ask for permission. I live in a small town, where every one knows every one. So, last names usually lead to, " I worked with your granddaddy". It'll happen to me eventually. Although, I'll be in the wrong, I'll still be fire mad if they can't run me away in a human like manner. I pretty much resent authority. I really resent abused authority!! I hate that happened to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread