rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that instu looks like mine and then when I pull them out if I am lucky it is a whole one. But not quite like yours seeing what yours is. Congrats on that find! Is it broken or reworked to a tool?

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
WOW!!!

Not to often you see a Folsom piece, let alone a Knife River Flint Folsum.... Anywhere!!!!!!!

I bet you are still walking on air, and holding it in your hand........I would be.

Joel

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The different tribes would trade flint and chert as well so in may very well been made right around that area, and traveled there as just a piece of rough through trade. Congrats, very nice find. HH

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man by the looks of that insitu that had your heart pumpin, congrats on the find...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that is a heart thumper for sure. Great find and you took a picture. When I first started posting here people got on me for not taking a insitu.It was hard to for me to do it. Still is. The story is could tell.Thanks for sharing.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Wow. I've read about one folsom site in IN but have actually seen a find like that. A great find even broken, that any of us would have loved to have made, but man, what a cruel, brutal in-situ position to find that point....

Awesome dude, awesome.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Wow. I've read about one folsom site in IN but have actually seen a find like that. A great find even broken, that any of us would have loved to have made, but man, what a cruel, brutal in-situ position to find that point....

Awesome dude, awesome.

Man! You said it! Brutal insitu. had I found it, I probably would have had to sit down a minute, catch my breath, then remove it. To find a busted one is great, but reflex and attitude may have caused me to throw the piece as far as I could. So bitter sweet! Wow! Sweet and bitter! Nice find! Now you know where to hunt for a sweet paleo point. Does the break look old? Please go find the other piece, it can't be far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread