First Finds of 2013

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Decided to go metal detecting saturday because the snow was just about gone and the gound was soft enough to dig. We went to ask permission to search our favorite site and the land owner wasn't home so we went further up the road and searched a old cellar hole. I didn't find anything there but my brother found a couple of buckles, well worn horse shoe and a porcelin door knob. We then set out for another detecting site but on the way went by a tilled field that we use to arrowhead hunt. Well we decided to pull over and give it a try and here is what I found. My brother also found a couple of nice points that maybe he will post later.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
My brother found a fairly large side notch with tip missing and a nice smaller adena that was perfect. At the end of the search I was telling my brother that I usually find points in these rain washed out trenches but hadn't even seen a chip in one today. I then see him bend over reach down into a washout and clutch something in his hand. Then came a big smile. He pulled a huge wide blade stem spearhead out of a trench that we were both crossing.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Looks like a very productive day to me. It's been a long time since I found 3 complete points in one day.

Joel

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds - Congrats! :icon_thumright:

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Wow, great haul there! How big are those that you posted? Would love to see some pictures of your brother's finds too. I've got a cousin in the Poultney area, he's been looking for years with little luck. Good to know they are there and some nice stuff too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions