Rock or Artifact Help please

skylarking1970

Feb 17, 2009
Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State!!!!!! Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum
Thanks in advance for your help. I found this today down by the river. It has some unusual lines and a round ridge that I wasn't sure if it is man made or nature made. The rock is sandstone. Bottom is fairly flat as you can see in pics 2 and 3 as it is standing on it's on. In pictures 2 and 4 you can see the 2 lines on the one side. In the other pictures, you can see the rounded part. In picture 4 at the bottom of the rock by my finger, that is the rounded part of the rock that is in the middle.

Attachments

• rock 1 and 2.bmp
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • rock 3-5.bmp
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
It sure doesn't look natural to me. I would surely have picked it up. Nice one!!! whatever it is.

Joel

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange I really dont know maybe somebody else will know.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some tools will always be a mystery. I have been viewing artifacts for yrs on these type of sites and sites that sell them. I am sorry to tell you I have never seen one like yours but that doesnt mean its just a rock it very well may be a tool. Hold onto it and maybe one day someone else will post one just like yours.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
that could be some kind of shaft abraider....

jeramme

Nov 11, 2010
MN
Definitely not an oracle of wisdom like some of these other guys...but the grooves look to consistent to me to be natural...my 2c.....congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread