Hammerstone or Wishful Thinking?

jeramme

Nov 11, 2010
MN
Hey all, found this on the top of a bluff over looking a river. Picked it up and tossed aside, but haunted me all night so went back and picked it up the next day. It seems to me to be worked, one side is fairly smooth which is the side in the pic with the hand, but the other sides seem to have peck marks....wake me from the dream though if I'm wrong...I appreciate your input!

Attachments

• Hammer Stone Smooth Side.jpg
    Hammer Stone Smooth Side.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Hammer Stone with Hand.jpg
    Hammer Stone with Hand.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Hammer stone Angle.jpg
    Hammer stone Angle.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Hammer Stone Back End.jpg
    Hammer Stone Back End.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Hammer Stone Back.jpg
    Hammer Stone Back.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will say that if they found that they would of put it to use,maybe as a wedge kinda looks like a bit on one end of it so hard to tell from a picture with those kind of rocks then again you pick it up reposition it so many times in your hand and say thats it thats how they used it.most things they had were well made and easily identified,but i know mother nature helped them alot with rocks as such as yours

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sure, it could easy be a one time use sort of thing...some guy looking for something to pound with, finds a natural rock that fits his hand, uses it and tosses it aside...why not?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. But I see no evidence of it ever being altered. Looks natural to me. I find rocks sometimes that have a good shape but after looking at them when cleaned I see they are just another take it back rock. Keep looking when you see one that has been altered you will see a big difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread