Stones and schrooms

Brandiwine

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing to keep me from hunting for artifacts (other than my busy life) are those amazing mushrooms that pop up around the Appalachians in the spring...morels. Lots of caches of those bad boys. Gardening has brought a lot of broken pieces and flake and this one I'll post. Garden is full of fieldstone, sandstone and this baby just stood out. In thinking it might be my first piece of hardstone...a pecking stone maybe? It definitely isn't native among the other stones...but I'll let you all give me the verdict.

Attachments

• image-2008898130.jpg
    image-2008898130.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image-247171730.jpg
    image-247171730.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3962714778.jpg
    image-3962714778.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 111
  • image-1410922085.jpg
    image-1410922085.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best time of the year, walking the river banks and searching for artifacts, and bringing home , "Natures Bounty" of mushrooms, fiddleheads, and wild leaks!:happy3:

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice mushrooms wish i could find some

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey hey brandi
i like the mushrooms
very soon they will show up here like they do every spring
i learned how to find them from a friend about 2o years ago
after a rain and a day or two of sunshine he would pick them, a lot of them, in the cottonwoods along the missouri river
nothing like some walleye and morels made fresh in the springtime of north dakota....
i like the sharks tooth you made for me and showed it to russy today

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice love the mushrooms also,pretty rock too.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yummy! I love those dry land fish!

OP
OP
Brandiwine

Brandiwine

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey hey brandi
i like the mushrooms
very soon they will show up here like they do every spring
i learned how to find them from a friend about 2o years ago
after a rain and a day or two of sunshine he would pick them, a lot of them, in the cottonwoods along the missouri river
nothing like some walleye and morels made fresh in the springtime of north dakota....
i like the sharks tooth you made for me and showed it to russy today

Glad you like them Larson! I'll be honest I didn't know morels grew that far west.

And I would so have loved to send you a sharks tooth necklace....but it wasn't me darling! Some other very deserving soul should get the credit! Check out the thread you started thanking me...what's funny is I love to hunt for them and have a tooth similar to that...I thought I may have ate some magic mushrooms by accident and sent you something I didn't remember...but no Mandan bead here. Hope you find the true sender.

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fiddleheads are the only veggie I HATE!! Ate em in Maine,,yuck! Shrooms,,they come from a cow field right? Oh,,those were the days. Morels, I`ve hunted but never found. One day soon I hope.
P.S. Now I get it Larson!!

OP
OP
Brandiwine

Brandiwine

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fiddleheads are the only veggie I HATE!! Ate em in Maine,,yuck! Shrooms,,they come from a cow field right? Oh,,those were the days. Morels, I`ve hunted but never found. One day soon I hope.

As with a lot of traditional foods it depends on the maker. I've had fiddleheads and loved them and other times....as you said, yuck!

Oh, those cow field days...those wavy, colorful, mind expanding cow field days. Lol.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other

ok tn creeker and thanks again friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread