Black stone from Tablet of the Slaves Chac Zutz identification help needed

icedgold10

Apr 14, 2013
Saco, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased these 2 detail pieces today at a yard sale. They are some sort of stone . What I found interesting is when I removed tape from information taped to the back it came of black. Kind of like a charcoal type thing. They are abput 4" each. They were purchased by an older couple in Costa Rica a long time ago. Can any one tell me more about them? The information taped to the back was" chac 003.JPG chac 002.JPG 86 Detail from the tablet of the Slaves palenque dated A.D. 730 Shown here is the head of the lord. Chac Zutz who sits crossed legged on either side of him placed a man and a woman carring offerings on their head".

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

icedgold10

Apr 14, 2013
Saco, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do look like that in the picture but way different material. I know slate pretty good. No layering on these at all. Thank you for your input.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a reproduction of an ancient Myan Hieroglyph found on the walls of pyramids and temples in palentique.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Palentique is an archaeological site.
Those sell for about 60 dollars a piece.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

icedgold10

Apr 14, 2013
Saco, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you know about what time period they were made? I paid $5 at the yard sale for them so not a bad deal.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad deal at all.
I don't know when your pieces were made but you can probably find info on similar items and the archaeological site fairly easy on the computer.
I would have bought them too.
As just a curiousity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread