OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, all the items i have been posting are from 3-4 different sites, 3 being within a mile or so of each other on the same creek and river system. And the bones are from the same area as well. I have actually had some of these since last fall when I first (in my whole life) started hunting the stone artifacts, and it just took some time to realize what i had. I am not going to lie, i did look for shape at first, the more i learned i started looking for the type of material that made up these objects. The last place i hunted from where i found this one overwhelmed me so much because it is a sharp bend in a river where 2 creeks empty and the amount of rock that is there made me feel like a kid in a candy store. I literally wanted to look at them all. I do believe that this area will produce some nice artifacts, and that makes me want to take my time in hunting it. What is your opinion about the time taken to hunt a specific area , mainly, what is too much time or too little?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An area like you just described that shows it has collected the right material through the years could be hunted for years.
Take as much time as you need.
Experience will help you get a bit quicker but that only comes with putting in the time.
As long as your still finding the right material and everything I see says you are.. cover that place well.
After every rise and fall of those creeks new material will be uncovered.. moving too quickly and loosing patients can be a big mistake.
I can't tell you how many times I've thought to myself.."Man I'm glad I didn't leave when it first crossed my mind".

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a tip for ya. When you spot a piece that has been worked and it isnt showing creek stain. Mark that spot with something that only you will know (I use rocks) and then walk the area closer. If you havent done this already and there hasnt been allot of rain in your area. You should be near the camp it actually came from. Probably fell in the water from the spot it was made. I use this while walking a field. When I see an artifact I slow down and search the whole area. I use my walking stick to mark the location.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a neat find. :thumbsup: Looks like you need to search out the rest of the immediate area.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
BadAdze - Nice tool. I would guess it's a shaft abrader / knife tool. Very cool and very collectable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions